ellipsis 7
sanjo7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an ellipsis 7 that has Japanese characters and I went to Verizon store no help.  They said let battery drain out then recharge. Verizon employee  played with it, now it won't change characters screen is frozen. What to do?

Re: ellipsis 7
VJ_HR
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem - I believe I hit a volume key at the same time as the power button by accident and accessed a root menu, but I can't get out of it! I need some who reads Japanese to get out

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry your tablet is in a foreign lanuage and the store was no help to you sanjo7. I know it frustrating. I can provide you with steps to update the language.            

Select Apps (アプリ) > Settings ( 設定 ) > Language & Input (言語と入力) > Language       ( 言語 )> Select English ( 英語 ) . Let me know if this is helpful.

KinquanaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

It sounds like you may have accidentally entered Factory Mode. We are sorry that this occurred.

In order to exit Factory Mode, press the Volume Down button until the last line of text is highlighted in blue. Then press the Volume Up button to make the selection. The device should now restart.

Unable to Bypass Screen Displaying Different Language

0 Likes