ellipsis 8 low on internal memory
flrombo

My ellipsis 8 tablet is saying low on internal storage.  I have deleted all unwanted apps, cleared cach data and all temp data.  I have no downloads or pictures or music on the tablet.  It says i only have 480 M of data left.  Only have 3.8 G of apps loaded.  Misc secton says i have 6 G but when i select the misc area it says i have about 60 m.  Why is this so and how do i free up internal memory.  The low memory causes my e-mail and stuff to not work properly.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: ellipsis 8 low on internal memory
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help with the storage issue you are having on your tablet, flrombo. Were any changes made to the device before this issue started? 

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
flrombo

No changes were made before this happened.  After it happened i removed all downloads on the tablet, deleted apps i nolonger used or never used and all other apps i personally loaded exept one i use severa times a day.  I even stopped some factory loaded apps that can not be removed that i did not use.  All this was an attempt to free up sinternal storage space on the tablet but to no avail.  It does not show low storage space all the time when I turn it on.  I would think it would be low everytime I turn it on .

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do appreciate all that you have done so far flrombo. I am sure we will figure this out together. Can you make sure that you have the latest software on your device? http://spr.ly/66001HrG6 If you are still getting the same error then put your tablet on Safe Mode to see if you still get the same error about low storage. http://spr.ly/66011HrGB Please let me know your outcome. I will be on standby. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
flrombo

have the most current software on my tablet and i ge the same storage hortage while the tablet is in the safe mode.  The only other thing i can think of is my e-mail account (AOL) won't sync, but my gmail account seems to work fine.

0 Likes
flrombo

Any more words of wisdom on this issue?  The internal memory is slowly dwindling away and the only thing i have done is turn it on use it to check things then turn it off, but the internal memory is counting down to nothing.  I delete the cache and clear the past open windows but to no avail.  Any more help would be greatly appriciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us, flrombo. That is a low amount of storage left on the device. Have you deleted some apps that have a larger file size? Do you have an SD Card inserted? If not, is all the content on your device backed up to a cloud service or internal storage? We may want to consider doing a factory data reset on your device.   

0 Likes
flrombo

I have deleted all the apps I installed on the device except one that I use every day.  I have a 8 GB SD card installed but it is empty and I never downloaded anything to it.  Couldn't figure out how to send downloads or apps to the SD card, they always loaded into the internal memory.  I have deleted all those items from the downloads ect.  and those areas show only KBs of memory, so I am at a loss as what to do next.  A factory reset is a drastic measure, but if that is what it takes to fix this problem and be able to use the tablet at its peak capacity, then that is what has to be done.  Also if you could help me with some instructions of how to send items to the SD card that would be greatly appriciated, then I could use it to download apps and other items and save the internal memory.  I can re-download the few apps I use and add my e-mail accounts back onto the tablet if the memory issue is corrected.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

flrombo, thank you for continuing to work with us. Here is a web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207736/ with the steps to move items to the SD card. Please try those steps and let us know if the issues with memory persist.

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
flrombo

I tried the instructions at the link you sent, but there is nothing on my tablet that says file manager.  There is no way I see to to check or move files on the tablet.  Any furthure advice or should I just do a factory data reset?

0 Likes