for reading ebooks screen is too dark,brightness setting maxed .
JimS_

how do i increase brightness for reading ebooks screen is too dark,brightness setting maxed ?

0 Likes
Re: for reading ebooks screen is too dark,brightness setting maxed .
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure your screen is bright enough is very important JimS. I use my tablet to read at night and definitely need the option to adjust thesc screen when neccessary so I understand your frustration.

You can Adjust the screen brightness by Selecting Apps > Settings > Display >Brightness >Adjust the brightness level as necessary then tap OK.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bob-Harv

My problem is exact opposite - I adjust the slider to minimum and the screen is still to bright.

0 Likes
srnewby1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with Bob-Harv.  I have the brightness on my Kindle for Android app set as low as it will go and it still verges on being too bright.  What app are you using for your e-reading?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Play with the tablet settings as well as the Kindle settings - in the Kindle app you can tap the Aa and adjust the screen brightness, and check or uncheck to use system settings.  Your system settings can also be adjusted, or set to "auto", and some combination should be able to produce a good level for you - whether you like it a bit brighter or a bit dimmer, or if your needs change with where you are using the tablet to read.

0 Likes