stacyrc

My tablet won't open the keyboard.  It is password protected, and when you tap the place to put the password, the keyboard doesn't show. I can't access the tablet to do aything without being able to put in my password. How do I fix this?

0 Likes
Re: help
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

stacyrc, let’s change that around so you can get access to your tablet. When did this start? Was there any application installed prior to this happening? Please power cycle the tablet and let us know how it goes http://vz.to/1IrYvyL.
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
stacyrc

It happened thanksgiving day. My son installed "crazy ski" before it happened. Soft reset isn't working. Still no keyboard. Please help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get that tablet up and running again. What is the make and model of your device?

CarleyR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
stacyrc

Verizon Ellipsis 7

Model is QMV7A

IMEI: [removed]

IMEI number removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

stacyrc,

Thanks for providing those details. We'll definitely keep working on this to make sure you can use your tablet again. Let's try placing the device in Safe Mode and see if it will start up completely and allow the keyboard to pop up. If so, we'll then want to remove any recently installed apps to ensure they would not be the cause of the issue. See how to place the device in Safe Mode here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-88245/

AdamGGG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
stacyrc

We powered on in safe mode. The keyboard still does not come up.

Thank you for your patience and help. I have attached a picture of the screen so you can see what it looks like.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

stacyrc,

Thanks for giving that a shot. It was definitely worth a try. Since we're not getting any response within Safe Mode we can try to completely reset the device to see if that will help us to gain access back to the tablet. Unfrotunately a reset will erase all the data on the tablet restoring it to factory settings, but if you have the tablet backed up with Verizon Cloud or a Google account then you may have data saved. Take a look here to see how to reset the device http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-146202/.

AdamGG_VZW

0 Likes