my QMV78 is locked up and displaying rows of Chinese characters. Will not shutdown!
MarcSays

The last time this happened, I had to let the battery completely drain.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: my QMV78 is locked up and displaying rows of Chinese characters. Will not shutdown!
joenick
Enthusiast - Level 1

Happened to me for the first time today, read this forum and then searched the internet and found this fix in about 5 minutes!  "here is what you need to do in the case of this. use the volume down button to scroll to the bottom and last option on the screen. press the volume up button to select and it will start your device normally"  Worked the first time.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: my QMV78 is locked up and displaying rows of Chinese characters. Will not shutdown!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello MarcSays! My apologies for the issues you're experiencing with your tablet. Let's review this further. What were you doing on the tablet up until this point? Have you attempted to at the same time, press and hold the Volume Down button + the Power button at the same time till it powers off, then release and allow it to reset. Thanks!

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MarcSays

I just turned it on and boom, Chinese characters started to display.

Yes, I tried your suggestions many times with no success. Finally I let the battery drain completely and I just turned it on and it's working fine!

This is not good, something is definitely wrong with this tablet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MarcSays

I would be concerned too if my tablet was doing something like that. How often has this happened now? When was the last time this occurred? Did the screen look like a menu with an arrow to choose from each line?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
phishn4tilapia

I'm having this same problem. It's happened three times now. Is there another way to shut the phone off? Yes, I've tried the power button and pressing power and volume down...

0 Likes
edmoore58

I am having this problem right now. Power and volume down does nothing. Please help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Edmoore58, getting that tablet working allows you much freedom and convenience that we absolutely want for you. With your help, we will uncover what is happening. Is the screen blank or exactly what do you see? Had you recently downloaded any new software, games or apps? What exactly was being used when this began? Please share some details so we may assist.
LorenB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
edmoore58

I had done nothing differently than I always do. I turn it on play a few games each night then power down. Only this time when I turned it on, it just had oh about 6 or 8? horizontal lines of chinese with some numbers. One row was highlighted and I could move the highlight up or down with the pressing of the volume button. Then it showed vol up, vol dwn, and pwr. which would disappear as I pressed each one with no other effect. At one time there was what looked like maybe a timer counting down? I was pressing all combinations of the pwr and vol. buttons and different things came on the screen, but always either chinese or numbers, except for the pwr, vol. up, and vol. dwn list. Nothing I could do would turn it off. Even the pwr. and volume down button together did nothing.

Finally, I just put it face down and left it. The next day the battery was dead. I plugged it into the charger, pushed the power button, and it came on normal. So, I hope that was a one time occurrence and not going to happen more often.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

edmoore58,

Oh goodness, I am sorry that your device isn't working as it should. But I am happy to hear it is working as it should be now. Please let us know if this changes, we are here to help.

KarenCCC_VZW

0 Likes
joenick
Enthusiast - Level 1

Happened to me for the first time today, read this forum and then searched the internet and found this fix in about 5 minutes!  "here is what you need to do in the case of this. use the volume down button to scroll to the bottom and last option on the screen. press the volume up button to select and it will start your device normally"  Worked the first time.

0 Likes