saved notification tones
RONLEE1030

I was wondering if i have to convert mp3 files to OGG in order to get my ringtones/notification tones to work on my ellipsis 7.  I transfered via bluetooth those i downloaded from zedge and a couple of other apps from my droid turbo but they won't play or be recognized.  is there a secret to saving and using other ringtones/notification tones

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: saved notification tones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Moving your favorite ring tones to your tablet is a must, RONLEE1030. This is a bit outside of our scope of support, as we don’t have any information about converting file types. You mentioned that you had downloaded these tones from the Zedge Application. What happens if you install Zedge on your Ellipsis tablet and download them again?
The only ringtones we would be able to support would be Verizon Tones. You can learn more about those here: https://mediastore.verizonwireless.com/onlineContentStore/2.0/index.jsp#/View=HomePage

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where did you save the .mp3 files?  Are the ringtone files in the Ringtones folder in the tablet's internal memory and the notification files likewise in the tablet's Notifications folder in the tablet's internal memory?

0 Likes
RONLEE1030

Saved to system/media/notifications

0 Likes