should I appeal
tiredusedcustomer

I've been with my provider Verizon for a couple months now, there been very good customer service people, but after I try to put my boyfriend cell phone to a line on my account and they offer me a couple of tablets one was supposed to be free WiFi only another $10 a month but when I got my bill it said differently I called in frustrated and I just told the customer that you know I don't want the tablets and more like its pointless I don't like when someone is trying to play me for my money or cheat me or lie to me she said okay well you have to do is take it to the store and will reimbursed you so I took it to the store they couldn't  do nothing I don't know how many times I've called I know the most more than ten or ten times I called thats how i feel i thot call a hundred times and still nothing has been resolved I feel like no one believes me when they know they have the proof of our conversation they could just pull up and say okay this guy made a mistake said something that he was not supposed to and when I asked him is there anything else that I should know this seems too good to be true no he said no so now everyone is it's not trying to get these tablets back all I want is give it back to verizon I want nothing to do with that I have no idea why they don't want the tablets but I understand they're not even worth half of what they're asking for. believe me I'd try to sell them and listen to what the supervisor told me but its not working out I don't want to waste any more money than I am but no one is listening to me and I feel like if I have to get those records to show that they were wrong and I was right and I should get the right way of this thing you know I don't want to cancel my whole account because of this issue I just wish that someone will contact me if they could so maybe we can get over this or should I just hire an attorney to get somebody so they can get it resolved for me I tried so many times and it's not its not working out and I keep wasting my valuable time on the phone I'm starting to despise Verizon.. I'll be waiting for your answers thank you for your time.

0 Likes
Re: should I appeal
rcschnoor
Legend

Should you appeal what? You have 14 days from when you got the tablets to return them.Of course there would be a $75/tablet restocking fee. After that point, you are responsible for the lines for the duration of the contract. If you cancel after that point, the ETF is as follows:

If you cancel a line of Service, or if we cancel it for good cause, during its contract term, you'll have to pay an early termination fee. If your contract term results from your purchase of an advanced device on or after November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $350, which will decline by: $10 per month in months 8–18, $20 per month in months 19–23, and $60 in the final month of your contract term. For other contract terms entered into on or after November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $175, which will decline by: $5 per month in months 8–18, $10 per month in months 19–23, and $30 in the final month of your contract term. If your contract results from your purchase of an advanced device prior to November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you complete.

Verizon does not sell wifi only tablets. They only sell cellular capable tablets. Of course you can use the tablet as wifi only if you disable the cellular data on it, but you will still have a line access fee.Smiley Happy

tiredusedcustomer

Should I appeal for the wrong information the customers rep told me, $10 a month for one tablet and a free wifi  tablet, and I got two activation fees and the free tablet wasn't so free I also had to pay $10 a month I am just frustrated , everybody thinks I'm just lying and Im not, that's what the customers sold me into... I called Verizon right after I don't understand why they can't go back and look at my account and look at the times that I called because of that I kept going back and forth because something was wrong and I couldn't return them so its not my fault that the time extended.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If you are past the 14 day return period, you will be responsible for the ETF. If you don't plan to use the tablets, it will be cheaper to cancel the lines and pay the ETF.

You can take Verizon to small claims court, but you should be prepared to provide proof that things were not explained correctly. Simply your word things were explained as you say is not proof. Quite often things are explained correctly but misunderstood by the customer. This does not mean they were not explained correctly. This ALSO does not mean that I think you are lying, but possibly that you misunderstood.

I have been in Verizon stores many times with people having the specifics of the "free" tablets being explained to them. Each time, it has been explained correctly. The tablets are free with a phone purchase. Line access fees are the responsibility of the purchaser. Data usage is the responsibility of the purchaser. Yes, you can use it as a wifi tablet.(THAT statement does not mean that it is a wifi-ONLY tablet, but that you can USE it as one. It also does not mean you will not have line access fees) As I said before, Verizon does not sell wifi only tablets.Smiley Happy

0 Likes