since updating to 4.4.4, it prohibits pasting 3rd party files to my sc card. is there a circumvention or system regression back to 4.4.2?
Dictator1900

I recently clicked on the update for Android 4.4.4 not knowing that this version would preclude me from moving and pasting pictures (attachments) from all 3rd party applications to my SD card. Prior to this update, I routinely used File Manager to move and paste files (mostly pictures) from download to the appropriate folders I have created on my SD card and without any restriction of file source. I have an Ellipses 7 tablet and had I known this feature would be removed in 4.4.4 I would have stayed at 4.4.2. Does anyone know how to circumvent this..or..to regress version back to 4.4.2?  My local store staff was unable to provide any answers or avenues of pursuit. HELP!

0 Likes
Re: since updating to 4.4.4, it prohibits pasting 3rd party files to my sc card. is there a circumvention or system regression back to 4.4.2?
bob123456789101112131

Please remember that any discussion of rooting/hacking is prohibited by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Re: since updating to 4.4.4, it prohibits pasting 3rd party files to my sc card. is there a circumvention or system regression back to 4.4.2?
Dictator1900

verizon walked me thru performing a factory reset which was supposed to give me control over app updates, including android, when reinstalling all that i routinely used on my tablet. interestingly enough, my tablet showed it was at 4.4.2 BEFORE performing android update, and showed it was still at 4.4.2 after the entire process. HOWEVER, any time i used FILE MANAGER to move a file from internal to SD card, a message appeared stating that "android 4.4.4 does not support creating, posting or saving files to the SD card from 3rd party app's". Heretofore i had been doing this routinely on both my tablet and cell phone. Anyway, after going thru the factory reset procedure, File Manager attempts to move and paste to folders on the SD card resulted in the same message...no 3rd party pasting to SD card allowed. Boooooo on them for this. BTW, my wife and i have the exact same tablet and cell and she did not opt for the latest and greatest android update. she can still use file manager to paste away on both units.

i have given up and am using Google Drive to house my picture albums. it performs the base functions and has good accessibility. it blows my mind that android would release an update that does not provide the end user with the OPTION of pasting 3rd party files,etc., to an SD card. Seems like they are purposely pushing me to upgrade to a more powerful tablet. Why build a tablet with SD capability and then take away the users ability to take advantage of its storage capacity and usefulness after so many years of supporting it. reminds me of a mindless government policy.

thanks for your feedback, and updating my apps after the factory reset put me write back into the same trickbag on my tablet. did not update my cell and file manager still pastes fine on it...go figure.

I am having the best day of my entire life!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It's not an issue of pushing one into a newer tablet.  It is a security policy in place by Google.

0 Likes
Dictator1900

the decision still should be up to the informed user....USER BE WARE. click here to assume any/all liability for electing to write on the sd card. and worst, i do not recall seeing any notice that installing the android update would take away the ability to write on the sd card. i guess it wasn't there or i just glossed over it.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

True, a lot of change log details talk about the pretty points of a system update like new features and less about what functionality will be ceased.

0 Likes
Dictator1900

not a good way to run the railroad...

0 Likes