tablet continually fails to auto update
cstmfrmr

Tried repeatedly to run the android update just get an error message. Help!

0 Likes
Re: tablet continually fails to auto update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to love your tablet! Would you mind clarifying for us? When you saytablet continually fails to auto update are you referring to the appications in the Google Play Store or the actual operating system itself?

AllisonC_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi cstmfrmr,

To pull this update your device will need to have a 4G connection. No billable data will be used during the update. Please confirm that you have a data connection (not Wi-Fi) when attempting to update. If you are connected to 4G, please also provide the wording of the error message so we can investigate. Thanks!

0 Likes
cms983

I'm having the same issue. Exact error message as follows " System update unsuccessful.

Sorry, there was a problem updating your Verizon ellipsis 8. No changes were made." I have tried several factory resets to out of the box state and no luck regardless of 4g download or Wi-Fi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is really odd, cms983. To confirm, even after the resets, with all internal memory available, the tablet still will not update?

Try reaching the recovery screen by using these steps :

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-146202/

When it loads, do you see an option for Wipe Cache Partition? If yes, please select that instead of Wipe Data Factory Reset.

Then reboot, and try to update again. Let us know if this works.

NicandroN_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cms983

That is correct. All internal memory is free minus all the bloatware. I have already done a factory reset in recovery. That is the only way I do factory resets. Everything ( including cache ) was fully wiped 3 times. If I can find the actual files online somewhere, I think the only way I'm going to actually get this thing updated is manually pushing the update through Android ADB.

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi cms983

Please try the update again. Our server team can see an error - although we are not sure why this occurred - but the update should now complete. Also, please make sure you have enough battery for the update. Kindly report back so we know the issue has been resolved. Thank you.

0 Likes
cms983

Still not working. Trying another factory reset. Will take a bit before it finds the update after the fresh reset. Will report back this evening.

0 Likes
cms983

So it finally found an available update after my last factory reset.  Same old story, update still fails in recovery.  After doing some research, it seems the update is nothing major anyway and consists of a few minor bug fixes and app updates.  I was hoping it would be an android 5.0 update or something to help it run like a new tablet.  I'm not really concerned about the update anymore.  Thank you so much for your time in trying to resolve our issue!

0 Likes
cms983

Well, I tried one more time last night to update it and it really messed it up this time. Now it sits on the Verizon boot animation forever. Even after several hard reboots, cache and factory resets in recovery. Is there anyway you or anyone could provide with an original full rom file that I can push manually with adb or from an external SD card. That would get it up and running again.

0 Likes