tablet running out of space
RustyW2
Enthusiast - Level 2

This icon appeared telling me my tablet was running out of space, even after I deleted a bunch of apps.  After clicking on the icon I got a message that said something about restricting apps or something like that.

Is there a way to turn off the preinstalled apps that I will never use?  Like kindle?   Also books downloaded to google books reader icon, are those books downloaded onto the tablet somewhere?   If so I will delete some from the reader.

But mainly without buying an SD card how do I free up space?  Want to turn off those preinstalled apps that I will never ever use.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: tablet running out of space
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, you can disable preinstalled apps that you don't use:

settings > apps > scroll over to the All tab at the top of the screen > scroll down to the app you want to disable > tap it > tap clear cache and clear data, uncheck Show Notifications, then tap Disable.  If you decide later that you want to re-enable the app, it'll be at the bottom of the All tab ... tap it, then tap Enable.

You also may want to check your software version:

Important Note: Memory Management

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which tablet model?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RustyW2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ellipsis7

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, you can disable preinstalled apps that you don't use:

settings > apps > scroll over to the All tab at the top of the screen > scroll down to the app you want to disable > tap it > tap clear cache and clear data, uncheck Show Notifications, then tap Disable.  If you decide later that you want to re-enable the app, it'll be at the bottom of the All tab ... tap it, then tap Enable.

You also may want to check your software version:

Important Note: Memory Management

0 Likes
DaveH52

I have a similar problem.  Is there a way to move apps to my SD card? I've got lots of room there, but I can't find any way to install apps to the SD card.  Does anyone know a way to do that?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
That's a great question DaveH52. I regret to inform that there is not an option to move or install apps to your SD card. Have you tried disabling apps that you do not use with directions provided by tikibar1?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes