what is intrenal storage device
DougInMA

I want to transfer a large video file from internal storage device. Is that "device" similar to a SD card or micro Sd card? Can it be removed?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: what is intrenal storage device
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

"Internal" storage is the device memory - an SD card is "external" memory.  You should be able to move a video to an SD card and get it off the device's internal memory.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

"Internal" storage is the device memory - an SD card is "external" memory.  You should be able to move a video to an SD card and get it off the device's internal memory.

DougInMA

Thanks, SuzyQ

That's what I thought Internal Storage is, but was hoping it might be "removalbe" so I can transfer a large video off the "device". Unfortunately there isn't an SD Card in the tablet, so I am faced with finding other ways to get the video to my computer. I found an answer after a Google search, but the 3 ways suggested are a bit more involved than I was wanting to follow. Guess I'll either have to buy an SD or Micro SD card, follow one of the suggested ways mentioned online, or stop taking videos on my tablet. BTW, there's no USB port on my Ellipsis 8.

Doug

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The USB port on the Ellipsis 8 is on the very bottom of the device (in the center, where the charger is plugged in).

If you don't want to get an SD card, you could upload your videos to your Google Drive (or similar Cloud storage) and then download from there to your computer (be sure to do it over wi-fi since the files are big).

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Another option is to connect the tablet to your computer via the USB cord, let the drivers load, and then 'drag and drop' the files:

Verizon Ellipsis 8 Support | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
DougInMA

Hi tikibar1. Sorry, but my Ellipsis 8 appears to have no USB port - not on the bottom, not on the side, not anyplace else. I think I've concluded that my only options are as I mentioned above. Thanks for taking the time to weigh in.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The charging port on the tablet is also the USB port. Are you saying you have no way to charge the tablet?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As noted earlier, the port on the bottom of the device is for charging and serves as the USB port.  The charger that came with the device should be two parts, the cable and the part (block type plug) that plugs into the wall ... pull the cable out of the part that plugs into the wall, then use that end (the larger USB plug) to plug the cable into the computer.  The cable then serves as a way to transfer data between the tablet and the computer.

0 Likes
DougInMA

Awesome!  Thanks Ann for clarifying about the charger port being a USB port too. Just connected, followed Tikibar1's directions to let the drivers load on my PC, and, Voila! Done.

Pix and video all transferred.

Learn something new every day.

Doug

0 Likes
LittleBill57

USB works with a cable from the port you put your charger into.

0 Likes