when i try to update it says new updates are downloading
martysmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello I am trying to update 3 Verizon Ellipse 8 tablets witih the new system update.  I have been able to successfully update 2 of them. the last one when I press on "check for new system updates" this is what it says - "New software is being downloaded.  We will notify you when it is done".  But there is nothing downloading, I have rebooted the tablet 3 times, I have turned off wi-fi and then reconnected to it.  I have tried everyday for 5 days now.  Anyone have any ideas?  Like I said the other 2 tablets updated no problem.  Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: when i try to update it says new updates are downloading
martysmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi everyone I just wanted to post back here again to say that I eventually did a factory reset on my Ellipsis tablet and was able to download and install the system update right afterwards.  All is working fine so far.  Thanks for all your advice. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Turn off wi-fi and turn on mobile data; the tablet won't do a system update over wi-fi.

0 Likes
martysmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello and thanks for responding so quickly,  I just tried what you said and it still says the same thing.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might need a strong 4G LTE signal to download the update if you don't have a strong signal in the tablet's normal location.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's definitely important to have the most up to date software for the best experience on your tablet. We'll more than happy to help. Are you getting any error message when attempting the download?
JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jonkmiller

I ran into the exact same problem.  I ended up doing a factory reset, with cache wipe.  This did allow the update to download, which then bricked my device....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jonkmiller,

An update is supposed to improve the functionality of your device, not the opposite. What exactly are you experiencing since the update went through? Are you getting any error messages? If so, what's the exact message you're getting?

ShawnteJ_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jonkmiller

There are no error messages, I see the red ellipses screen then it goes black...nothing more.  It is on, backlight is lit, but does not finish booting.  I think I now know why this was a free gift when Verizon procured the company I work for.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jonkmiller,

I truly regret to hear that you are having such trouble with this device, after the update. The ellipsis is a great device, and I want you to get the very best of it. I want to take a look at options for you. I am going to send you a Private Message. Please look out for that, and respond to me there.

LeoL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
martysmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi everyone I just wanted to post back here again to say that I eventually did a factory reset on my Ellipsis tablet and was able to download and install the system update right afterwards.  All is working fine so far.  Thanks for all your advice. 

0 Likes