403 Forbidden
wmbos22

I cannot access "text online" or "send a message" -- I get a blank page with "403 Forbidden" denying me access.  I have had this problem for years off and on, as have others judging from the content here.  I am blocked from messaging online and sometimes even blocked from seeing my account.  I consistently do all the usual things that they waste my time telling me to do, clearing history, changing browsers, etc. I own three different computers, different makes, and access from three different locations in the USA.  I call Verizon monthly, weekly recently, and waste time listening to a rep apologize.  It is getting worse, more frequent, outages longer.  The current one seems like it will never resolve.  What is going on?  Does Verizon want me to give up and switch companies?  How can I work with or trust a company that either doesn't care about a continuing major glitch or else doesn't employ people smart enough to find the problem and fix it.  I don't care about your reps being polite, I want to get the service I pay for!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 403 Forbidden
ericw_vzw
Verizon Employee

We're very sorry to hear that you've been having this experience for such a long time, wmbos22. We know it's critical to have access to your online account and messages, and we are here to help. I checked to see if we have any IT tickets open for such an issue, but we do not. We definitely want to get to the bottom of this to see what could be at the root of such a long term problem. When you're accessing the sites, are you using any sort of VPN or similar service when accessing the site? If so, does the same thing happen when you don't use them? Also, are you using an older link or browser favorite to access the page? Please let us know. We definitely want to get to the bottom of this for you.

0 Likes
Re: 403 Forbidden
wmbos22

First, let's clear up the usual BS:  I have called on average once a month for over a year complaining about this problem.  I have been told that notes have been made on my account records.  (Why do you not know this, why must I start over with you?).  I have been connected to IT.  I have been promised that someone would get back to me.  They never have.  I have been told that this is reported and recorded (most recently by a rep who shares my last name and was located in upstate New York, I believe).  I also see through various online forums and media that I am by far not the only person with this problem, some people have complained that it is a far more serious issue than I have reported (perhaps they no longer complain because they gave up and switched carriers).  If you actually believe this is not a recurring and frequent problem you either just started working there or else you are pushing fake news.  I have answered these questions before, in person, many times.  I am, therefore going public, and complaining in open forums, on Facebook and other media.  Someone has to be responsible and accountable.  To answer your questions (as I have answered them before to other reps), I have three different computers in three different locations served by three different providers.  The only things they have in common are that they are all Microsoft systems (one Dell, one HP, one Toshiba) operating Windows 8.1.  I usually use Firefox, but when I am being blocked by Verizon with the 403 message, I will get it no matter what browser I use and sign in through.  The issue can happen on any computer and on any browser at any time.  It can last a few hours or, as most recently shown, a few days.  Sometimes clearing the history will correct it, usually this does not or it does not last.  I access the page any way I can, I have used bookmarks, I go in through various locations on the myVerizon webpages, I have done this with reps while on the phone, and the reps have done it with me with the same result.  Your ads always work.  You are always trying to sell me something.  But you can't provide the service you are under contract to provide.  And clearly Verizon customer service is mainly concerned with getting me off the phone and not getting to the bottom of the problem.  Why does not my customer account file already contain this information so that you would know it before you get back to me?

0 Likes