Re: $5 messaging plan
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

When I went to the page it now shows the unlimited at $30. I also noticed that I could get 300mb data plan for all phones including 3G and 4G for $20. When I went to the page it now shows the unlimited at $30.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

lewisr13 wrote:

When I went to the page it now shows the unlimited at $30. I also noticed that I could get 300mb data plan for all phones including 3G and 4G for $20. When I went to the page it now shows the unlimited at $30.

As I suspected, it was a mistake on their webpage and has since been corrected.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

rcschnoor wrote:

lewisr13 wrote:

When I went to the page it now shows the unlimited at $30. I also noticed that I could get 300mb data plan for all phones including 3G and 4G for $20.  I'm not seeing that option - regional perhaps?

As I suspected, it was a mistake on their webpage and has since been corrected. :smileyhappy:  I now see $20 unlimited for an individual line; $30 unlimited for all lines on a family plan.  Or $10/line for 1000 message limit.  Carrier doesn't figure in - possibly why so many are seeing ALL text usage counted with no split to M2M.  I've noticed that on my billing lately, I have no M2M texts, they are all lumped together. 

0 Likes
snoopdon

I can't believe that this $5 plan is no longer available. My wife has it grandfathered on her phone and i was hoping to add the same plan for my line when I bought my Bionic on 11/23. It seems a bit unfair that i may have missed this package by less than a week. I thought that each line on my account would be grandfathered under the $5 plan instead of an individual line ? I was really looking forward to joining the "texting" world but I can't justify a $10/ month fee for seeing ifIi like texting or not. Please Verizon, let me have access to the same texting plan that my other line has on the same account. Can this be done or not ?

0 Likes
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

snoopdon wrote:

I can't believe that this $5 plan is no longer available. My wife has it grandfathered on her phone and i was hoping to add the same plan for my line when I bought my Bionic on 11/23. It seems a bit unfair that i may have missed this package by less than a week. I thought that each line on my account would be grandfathered under the $5 plan instead of an individual line ? I was really looking forward to joining the "texting" world but I can't justify a $10/ month fee for seeing ifIi like texting or not. Please Verizon, let me have access to the same texting plan that my other line has on the same account. Can this be done or not ?

Probably not.  It doesn't hurt to ask, but in most cases, discontinued features are only grandfathered on the specific line they are still active on.  They cant be shared with or moved to another line, even on the same Family Share plan.

0 Likes
C_DM

So, a few things:

- Those who are currently on the $5/month for 250 messages package should be grandfathered and should be able to stay on it. Verizon shouldn't be changing anyone on their own and without reason, and at the very least has to notify you of any changes that might be needed for one reason or another (assuming something like that might even come up somehow).

- The new $10/month for 1000 messages package is supposed to include unlimited M2M messaging in it as well. Verizon just uses the wording on the web site that only talks about the number of messages included in the package and for some reason doesn't reference the included unlimited M2M messaging. I recall that prior to the change the $10/month package appeared as simply 500 messages package in various places on Verizon's web site, even though it definitely included unlimited M2M messaging as we all know. For what it's worth, even though this isn't something that's really always very meaningful, I've also confirmed this with a number of customer representatives (at least some of whom definitely came off as people who knew their job).

0 Likes
budone
Legend

M2M VZW to VZW unlimited messaging was removed from the 1000 text plan the same the the $5 text plan was removed.

Also Grandfathering of addons is not guaranteed. They are not part of your plan/contract. They are just that, an addon. VZW can and it looks like in this case may have dumped people off of the $5 plan and moved them to the $10 plan.

Now were they notified only if the sub viewed their detailed invoice? I have no idea.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello happy forum members,

We are always looking for ways to streamline our services to make it easier for our customers to do business with us. I see that there are several questions and concerns revolving around the new text messaging packages. I would like the opportunity to provide clarification on this matter. Effective 11/17/2011, the 250 message bundle for $5, 500 message with unlimited M2M for $10, and the 5000 message bundle with unlimited M2M for $20 has been retired. As usual, existing lines will retain grandfathered bundles unless the customer request a move off of the feature, either online or by a Verizon Wireless rep. Once the grandfathered text messaging bundle has been removed then it can't be added back.

The new messaging bundles have been simplified to 3 options, 1000 messages for $10, unlimited messaging which is coupled with the Talk & Text pricing plans, and the pay as you go options. The pay as you go option is text messages billable at $0.20 sent/received and picture/video messages billable at $0.25 sent/received. For those who are not grandfathered into the retired text message packages have the option to choose from our current pricing. For more information on text messaging, I have posted a link for your review.

https://wbillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/nos/messaging_media_lo.jsp

If you would like any additional information about messaging usage and options then don't hesitate to reply to this message.

Thank you...

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Arnett,

One big question has been, does the 1000 for $10 include unlimited M2M?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

lewisr13 wrote:

Arnett,

One big question has been, does the 1000 for $10 include unlimited M2M?

Nevermind.

Although I believe he meant the 1000 plan for $10, not 500 for $10.

0 Likes