500 texts plus unlimited mobile to mobile?
JoshJL

I just downgraded my text plan from unlimited txting to 500 txts and unlimited verizon to verizon txts.. my question is do they use up the 500 txts first even though they are sent to verizon customers and then when you need them for out of network txting their gone? Reason I ask is thats what seems to be happening on my plan... Today was the first day of my billing cycle and I have txt only to  in network verizon customers today only to find out I have10 txts left before my 500 is gone!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 500 texts plus unlimited mobile to mobile?
budone
Legend

Did you downgrade in the middle of a billing period??? Did you have the downgrade forward dated???

If yes to one, and no to two, the issue is proration.

Lets say you had a 1000 text plan prior and on the 15 day of the billing cycle you changed to the 500 text plan. You would not have 500 texts available for the next 15 days but 250. Also you would only have 500 texts available to use the 1st 15 days. (M2M texts would not be effected.)

If the bill has not generated, I would personally call and have the change forward dated to start when the new billing period starts.

0 Likes
DbG2514
Contributor - Level 3

If the day this happened was the first day of your billing cycle, and you changed it the day of or changed it prior to change to 500 on your next billing cycle and you only have 10 left out of the 500, you aren't texting Verizon customers.  If they are prepaid customers that are prepaid with another company but use the Verizon network, they aren't Verizon customers, they are with that other company so it will be out of carrier text.

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello JoshJL,

I know it is very important to stay within your new messaging package and I would love to clarify your usage.  I'm not sure of your account details and exactly when you changed the plan, but I can confirm that the Verizon to Verizon text are not included in the amount subtracted from your 500.  If you have not received clarity please DM me your name and mobile number so I can go over your details with you.  Thank you.  

0 Likes