Re: A recent update caused number of unread messages to no longer be shown on Messenger icon.
MLueck
Enthusiast - Level 3

All right Verizon, now two others have confirmed the issue I originally reported. Please provide us an ETA on the confirmed issue being resolved.

0 Likes
Re: A recent update caused number of unread messages to no longer be shown on Messenger icon.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of being able to see how many messages you have Mlueck. We don't see any known issues on our end. Can you please make sure that you do not have your Messages+ blocked or "Show silently" turned on? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-211621/

If everything is correct here, then please force https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206456/ stop the application and try again. Keep me posted.

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MLueck
Enthusiast - Level 3

Greetings AmberF_VZW,

None of my Message+ application notifications are turned off / disabled.

I have followed the instructions to force stop each applications running on my phone / rebooted my phone / had someone send me a text / a top bar indicator showed my phone received the message BUT only momentarily / the new message arrive sound played / no "new message count" number showed up on top of the Message+ app icon. That new message count on the Message+ app icon is what I am interested in getting back.

What version of Message+ are you testing with? My phone has version 6.4.42.

0 Likes
MLueck
Enthusiast - Level 3

Greetings again,

This is still an issue as of 2017-10-29.

No further updates to Message+ have come through the Google AppStore. My phone still has version 6.4.42.

Could we please get an update about this functionality regression defect?

I am thankful,

Michael

0 Likes
MLueck
Enthusiast - Level 3

Post the November 2017 Verizon software upgrade to NDNS26.118-23-12-3, the new message count # returned to the Message+ icon.

Message+ is still at version 6.4.42.

I conclude something in the prior Verizon software upgrade caused the outage, not an update to Message+.

I am thankful,

Michael

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MLueck, we certainly want you to enjoy using the Message + app. I use it too. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you The most updated version of this messaging app is 6.4.42. My own app version recently updated. There is also an option to "Report a bug" within the app itself if the issue persists. You'd do so by accessing the app in pressing the three horizontal bars in the top left-hand corner of the app. You'd then scroll down to the menu selection titled "Report a Bug" and tap to open the selection. This will allow you to provide your feedback regarding issues you're experiencing with the Message + app. Once you've completed your feedback, simply tap the "Send" option. I hope this is beneficial. - RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Jareesejr

We hear a sound of we happen to be near the phone. But I want to pick up my phone and notice right away that I have unread messages. Bring it back please. Fix whatever you broke

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Jareesejr
We love to see you take advantage of the benefits available in our Verizon Messaging application. Sorry for this inconvenience. Software updates are sent to remove issues and implement new features on that application. Have you checked the notifications option in the settings of your phone that allows you to view the unread message alert on your phone? 

For more device support, click the link below: 

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes