About International SMS
WalterChen

I want to ask about if there is anyway to receive the international SMS?

I used ATT and TMobile before, and I am with Verizon and Tmobile now.
However, ATT and TMobile are okay in sending and receiving messages(sms). 
If you want to send international message, you have to use (011 country code number) instead of (+1 country code number).
If you want to do international calling, you have to use (+1 country code number).

However, there is no response back from any country outside USA.
I see a ridicuous replying from 
http://community.vzw.com/t5/Messaging-Text-Picture-IM-etc/Cant-receive-International-Texts/td-p/1381...
"Natavia: the problem is with the international carrier." 

While that all of them can receive message from ATT and Tmobile? What's the logic inside? 

We just want to use the international message with family, friends, and girlfriend(or, boyfriend for some people)
It has been a long time since I looked thru the complaint online.
FIX IT please... 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: About International SMS
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello WalterChen,

International service often gets confusing when it comes to pricing and dialing instructions. May I ask what country are you trying to send and receive texts to/from? I have provided a link to our international services below to help clarify the cost and instructions on international text messaging.

http://b2b.vzw.com/international/Text_Messaging/index.html

Just to provide an example, if I were to send a text message to a China Mobile subscriber then I would us the following message pattern to send a text.

011 + 86 + 10 or 11-digits mobile number.

The cost to send a text to China Mobile would be $0.25 and the cost to receive a China Mobile reply text is $0.20. If you are having difficulty receiving international text messages then the issue could be on the sending party's end. If you would like for me to investigate this further then please reply to this message with the answers to the questions below.

What carrier is the sender using?

What is the dialing pattern is he/she is using to send text message to you?

Are you, WalterChen, in the U.S. while the text are being sent to you? 

I look forward to hearing from you!

0 Likes
Re: About International SMS
RomeoYankee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you port your number from AT&T to VZW? If yes then the foreign carrier or their foreign intercarrier may still have your number pointed to AT&T.

Can you receive any international texts, if yes, from which carriers/countries?

Can you receive domestic non-VZW texts?

0 Likes