Account Updated
user225
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi.  I received a text message from 899000.  Message says:  "Verizon Msg:  Your account settings have been successfully updated.  If you did not make this change, please call 800-922-0204." 

That number is a legit Verizon number.  I called in and support told me there had been no changes on my account and didn't understand why I received the message I did. 

Has anyone else had this experience? 

5 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there, it's very important that we are ensuring your account is secure. Let's double check what happened. Please send a Private Note. 

*Gen

0 Likes
spoolyo
Enthusiast - Level 1

i have the same problem, you give me a phone number to call that was useless whats up with tha

Shas123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue recently. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shas123, we're sorry to hear that you've had problems with a similar message and we want to make sure your account is secure. We're going to send you a Private Message so we can gather more details.

~Jesse

0 Likes
SlimShadySkip
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received a call from someone who told me they were from Verizon.  Legit sounded like was in a call center.  Claimed someone had placed an order on my account for 2 phones and 2 Ipads.  In a different name and sent to a different State across the country.  Acted like they were noticing this as Fraud and wanted to bring My Attention to the matter.   Then told me  "In order to get the Bad Persons  IP Address and Catch Them"  I would need to receive a prompt to update my Password and to change it to (Gave me a specific Letter & Number sequence to change it to)  said to refrain from logging into my account for 72hr so the next time The Bad Person Did,  they would catch his IP.   This sounded EXTREMELY FISHY to Me.   So I told him I didn't feel comfortable,  I would hang up and Call Verizon back myself.   He gave me the # of 800-922-0204 and his name of Kevin Rodriguez.   I Did NOT Call ***That*** Phone Number   I googled Verizon Cust Serv # and called IT.   THEY  (The Real Verizon)  proceeded to explain that There were NO Orders on my Account,  No One from Verizon would have EVER Prompted me to Change my Password (Especially to something specific THEY Were telling me to)  and that It was an Obvious "Fishing" Scheme.    Glad I listened to those hairs standing up on the back of my neck.