Activate Account Message+ on new phone
JAYWILK1

I got a new phone and I am trying to activate my message+ account so I can restore my messages.  I click on activate account and it says starting service then just goes away.  It never does.  I can login to the web interface and see all my old messages as well as my new messages.  I only see new messages on my new phone.  When I look at settings in the web interface there are no devices associated with the account.  How can I force the new phone to activate my account?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Activate Account Message+ on new phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JAYWILK1,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the Messages+ activation. Let's figure this out, so we can get things working. What make & model device are you try to restore the messages to? Are you using Messages+ as your default app?

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ICANCIN2U
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, I am having the same issue. I have the pixel 2 xl. I was able to activate it on my old phone and on a computer, but not the new phone. Yes, it is marked as default app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ICANCIN2U,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing trouble with your Messages+ app. We know it's a very handy tool and we want it to work for you. Was your experience identical? Have you tried removing the application and then re-adding it?

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ICANCIN2U
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, & reset phone and reinstalled before giving up. I am at a loss as to how to get it to work. No worries, I was able to go another route which isn't as seamless, but it gets the job done.

cableape
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have a new phone (Note 10+), and am trying to get Message+ to work.  I can see all the old messages.  I can not send or receive messages.  Activation doesn't work for some reason.  I click Activate, and it opens for a second, then disappears without activating.  How do I activate this?  I can't follow on twitter because I can't get an authorization code sent via text to prove it's me. 

I have also uninstalled/reinstalled, did a complete factory reset, etc...  The problem is with activation.

cableape
Enthusiast - Level 1

what was your "other route?" 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, cableape! We know it is important for you to get your Message+ working on your new Note 10+. We do want to investigate this further for yo and continue with you in a Private Message, please meet us there to get started.

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes
TristanCaton
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue, I can't activate message plus on my new phone, I can send but can't view messages. Upon putting my sim in my old phone it says I have a message link to verify activation of my new device. But how can I do that when my sim is in my new phone. I have to have the sim in my new phone to try to activate and send the link... But need it in my old phone to verify and accept the link just to view my messages..

Tags (1)
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes