After update to version 6.4.4 still issues
DarlaGary
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Messages app updated to version 6.4.4 which is supposed to be current version.  Now I can't send or receive text messages or pictures over text unless I have my data on or I am connected to WiFi.

I was away from home so had no WiFi connection don't keep my data turned on went to text my husband and thank heavens it wasn't an emergency because all it did was keep saying sending......  soon as I got back home and phone connected to my home WiFi the text message sent.

What is going on?

Darla

Labels (1)
Re: After update to version 6.4.4 still issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Darla,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I know you rely on your messages heavily as do I. I will be happy to get this messaging issue fixed for you. Have you tried to perform a power cycle of your phone? Have you tried deleting some previous message to veify if it's a storage issue?

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
z3nj03l
Enthusiast - Level 2

Juan, tell your software developers to get rid of the CHAT function and revert back to SMS/MMS.

That will solve 99% of the problems that people are experiencing.

LUMIS00

I have the same issue and it only started after the 2 most recent updates. Seems to be mostly when sending pictures when on or off of wifi. It makes no sense and it is really annoying

0 Likes
LUMIS00

I have the same issue and have no storage issue. Also powered down, reset phone, etc. It obviously has something to do with the last Verizon Messages update

0 Likes