Airtime for Mobile IM?
tfc3rid

Question here...

I have an unlimited messaging plan and I remember reading something about airtime being used when you are accessing the Mobile IM program...

Is this true?  I'm afraid to use it because I do not want to go over my airtime...

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Airtime for Mobile IM?
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

There is no additional charge to actually use Mobile IM, it's all covered under your messaging plan. You would only be charged to intially download the application depending on your plan, but if it's already installed on the phone and you're already using it then it's fully covered by your unlimited messaging.

0 Likes
Seda13
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well actually it depends on the txt package that you have. If you are on select you do have unlimited messaging for chating. If you have a $5, $10, $15, or $20 txt package it will be taken out of your alloment for out of network. Then depending on the price plan  that you have it will incur MB/airtime when you sign in, refresh your list, add/delete contacts, etc . . . only sending/recieving messages will be covered under the txt package.

0 Likes
know_it_all

i agree!!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Seda13 wrote:

.... it will incur MB/airtime when you sign in, refresh your list, add/delete contacts, etc . . . only sending/recieving messages will be covered under the txt package.

I disagree - this is quoted from Verizon's own FAQ about Mobile IM -
Instant Messages sent and received, User requests to refresh the Contact List, and Service Requests (Add Contact, Block Contact, etc.) are billed as TXT messages according to your pricing plan or TXT bundle. Verizon Wireless highly recommends TXT bundles or price plans with unlimited text messaging for Mobile IM users.
As I read that, and as has been my experience in actually using the application, there are NO usage charges beyond the initial download (if you  need to do that), and any per message charges that would normally apply based on your usage.

0 Likes