Alias 2 randomly deleting text messages
kneel481

Has anyone had a similar problem with this phone? I've had the phone since May 2009 and it's happened 3 times now. Out of the blue I will see that all of the messages I've received and sent have been deleted.  All of my previous phones have given warnings of approaching max capacity in the inbox, but this phone doesn't do that. I've tried locking messages that were of importance and they also got deleted. It doesn't however delete any picture messages that are in the inbox or sent box either.  This is a really upsetting problem.  I keep messages for a reason, some from people that are no longer here and they've been lost. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Alias 2 randomly deleting text messages
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

kneel481 wrote:

Has anyone had a similar problem with this phone? I've had the phone since May 2009 and it's happened 3 times now. Out of the blue I will see that all of the messages I've received and sent have been deleted.  All of my previous phones have given warnings of approaching max capacity in the inbox, but this phone doesn't do that. I've tried locking messages that were of importance and they also got deleted. It doesn't however delete any picture messages that are in the inbox or sent box either.  This is a really upsetting problem.  I keep messages for a reason, some from people that are no longer here and they've been lost. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Make sure auto erase/delete is off. Go to:

settings

messaging

settings

auto erase

off

save

0 Likes