Anyone else have trouble with message working on their Samsung smart watch?
Craig29520
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Galaxy S6 and I'm using a Samsung S2 smart watch. I started using message+ but I don't get notified when I get a text. It works wIth all of my other apps and even with the original Samsung message app.

Any information on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Anyone else have trouble with message  working on their Samsung smart watch?
Craig29520
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have unpaired and re-paired several times. What I done and it seems to work is just use the Samsung message notification and the message+ app as my default. I have left the message+ app notification off. Seems to work at the moment.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Anyone else have trouble with message working on their Samsung smart watch?
cursix
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is Message+ your default SMS application on your Galaxy S6? On your watch, are you connected to the wifi when a message comes in?

0 Likes
Re: Anyone else have trouble with message  working on their Samsung smart watch?
Craig29520
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do have the Verizon message+ as my default message app. I'm connected using Bluetooth to my S6. My WiFi is turned off.

0 Likes
cursix
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try having the wifi enabled. My watch app isn't able to get notifications when it has no wifi connection so I suspect that's the issue with yours as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Craig29520,

Cursix, Thank you for your suggestions!

Help is here! We always want for you to be alerted on your smart watch when you have a new text. Let’s dive right in. Have you been able to try what Cursix has suggested? Is the Message + app fully updated? Is the software on your phone up date? To check, please go to Settings, System Updates & tap on Check for new system update.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Craig29520
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I have the 3G S2 version of Gear. My phome is up to date and is a S6 edge SM-925V running 6.0.1 android. My watch ran updates about a week ago, so I feel it is also up to date. I can get notified using the Samsung message app using my Bluetooth. The WiFi would only be used at my house, correct?

Are you suggest that I I turn my phones Hotspot on and connect that way?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking those details out, Craig29520. You certainly don’t need to connect your phone’s hotspot feature to your watch. But connecting the watch to WiFi and seeing if the notifications come in may help to clarify if the trouble is the notification over cellular services. Have you tried to delete and re-pair the Bluetooth connection between your watch and the phone? https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/bluetooth

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Craig29520
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have unpaired and re-paired several times. What I done and it seems to work is just use the Samsung message notification and the message+ app as my default. I have left the message+ app notification off. Seems to work at the moment.

0 Likes