Attaching images to text very slow
Sperko
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think this started to happen after the last update. But when I try to attach images to text messages it is extremely slow to attach. The send button does a "loading" animation that can take awhile or not work at all. I thought maybe it was the SD card, but changing that out causes the same problem. And it doesn't happen to all pictures. Some of the older ones load up nearly instantly. Sometimes trying to attach an images from Gallery might even cause my phone to go bonkers with the phone now saying the SD card is corrupt. However, just restarting the phone then the SD card is fine again. Also, restarting the phone seems to clear this up temporarily. One last thing, I reset my phone to default: same problem. 

This would be much easier to show in person, but nothing is open! Lol

Re: Attaching images to text very slow
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Sperko wrote:

I think this started to happen after the last update. But when I try to attach images to text messages it is extremely slow to attach. The send button does a "loading" animation that can take awhile or not work at all. I thought maybe it was the SD card, but changing that out causes the same problem. And it doesn't happen to all pictures. Some of the older ones load up nearly instantly. Sometimes trying to attach an images from Gallery might even cause my phone to go bonkers with the phone now saying the SD card is corrupt. However, just restarting the phone then the SD card is fine again. Also, restarting the phone seems to clear this up temporarily. One last thing, I reset my phone to default: same problem. 

This would be much easier to show in person, but nothing is open! Lol

It would help to identify the make/model phone and what version of Message+ you have, assuming you're using Message+ and not the default phone messaging app.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Sperko
Enthusiast - Level 1

Lol Sorry, rushing to post that while I was working. Yes, phone model would help.

Samsung Galaxy S9

I primarily use the built in messenger, but Message+ has the same problem. That app has issues trying to even load thumbnails (similar to the built in program). 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to send photo messages is a great way to stay in contact during this challenging time, Sperko. Let's dig into this further. What make and model phone do you have? As you indicated that this started with an update, was that an update to Messages Plus, or the phone itself?

LynnE_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate those details, Sperko. Let's continue investigating this. On your device, is data enabled when this is happening? Here is a link to check that setting: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216766/

What software version do you see on your device currently? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216721/

Have you attempted a Factory Reset since the last update you had on the device? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216580/

LynnE_VZW

0 Likes
sullynole
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also have a Verizon Samsung S9 and this began happening for me a couple months ago.  I think it may have been after the system update before the most recent one.  I was hoping it would clear itself without a complete factory reset.  Was that the solution here?  I also have an issue seeing the image thumbnails from the messages app.  I just asked me wife who also has the same phone model and she says she has been experiencing this for the last couple months or so as well.  There are a lot of posts in Google searches about this same issue.  Seems to be a significant bug.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@sullynole wrote:

I also have a Verizon Samsung S9 and this began happening for me a couple months ago.  I think it may have been after the system update before the most recent one.  I was hoping it would clear itself without a complete factory reset.  Was that the solution here?  I also have an issue seeing the image thumbnails from the messages app.  I just asked me wife who also has the same phone model and she says she has been experiencing this for the last couple months or so as well.  There are a lot of posts in Google searches about this same issue.  Seems to be a significant bug.

Have you provided feedback to the developers via the Message+ app settings?  Maybe if they get enough reports, they will provide a fix.  You can also describe your issue and phone/model in an email to the developers at verizonmessages at verizonwireless dot com.

0 Likes
sullynole
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is more of a samsung/android issue.  I use the messages samsung app and my wife uses Verizon messages+. I even have issues with new pictures from the camera not showing thumbnails in the gallery at first.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@sullynole wrote:

This is more of a samsung/android issue.  I use the messages samsung app and my wife uses Verizon messages+. I even have issues with new pictures from the camera not showing thumbnails in the gallery at first.

So, have you checked out Samsung or Android forums to see what responses are there?  If issues are seen even before the Messaging apps come in to play, then the manufacturer/OS provider is probably who should be looking at this.

0 Likes
jUStPunkin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue, been happening for a while. I went through a troubleshoot with Verizon and that was no help at all. Restart the phone, well, yea, I know that's gonna fix it, but it's gonna happen again. 

I was hoping there might be a resolution to this problem by now. And, glad it's not just me.

0 Likes