Auto correct adding misspelled word
Boardfourever
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem but when I type the word I'd into my phone I often just type id and auto correct would add the apostrophe. Only now it adds an additional letter and types iI'd instead. When I look at the autocorrect spelling it is spelt correctly it just autocorrects the word wrong in the text. I can correct the word myself but that kinda defeats the purpose of autocorrect.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Auto correct adding misspelled word
Boardfourever
Enthusiast - Level 2

But looking more into the issue it is not the phone or Verizon but google so I've contacted them for a fix. I uninstalled the update to the google keyboard and the phone stopped doing the issue. installed the update and it starts again so its a bug in the google keyboard not the messaging system.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ralph1017
Contributor - Level 1

Assuming that this is an iPhone. The iPhone's keyboard dictionary does correct mistakes. But if an autocorrect was corrected e.g. ehat was changed to eat via autocorrect, but manually edited again to eat. Then iPhone's dictionary will recognize that as a new word. This is useful for names etc. But you can try going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Keyboard Dictionary to reset this to default.

0 Likes
Boardfourever
Enthusiast - Level 2

Phone is a Moto Turbo 2 so android system. Also the issue happens when typing other words as well it essentially keeps the original typing that tries to match the word and then adds the word that matched to the end. For example typing the word Match, I would begin by typing ma then select match and the word would be entered in mamatch.

0 Likes
Boardfourever
Enthusiast - Level 2

But looking more into the issue it is not the phone or Verizon but google so I've contacted them for a fix. I uninstalled the update to the google keyboard and the phone stopped doing the issue. installed the update and it starts again so its a bug in the google keyboard not the messaging system.

0 Likes
MCUPELL

Was there ever a resolution for this? I noticed it today on my new phone. It's a Moto Z Play Droid right out of the box. I've noticed it so far on "Christmas" which turns christmas to christmaChristmas and also "I'd" from id to iI'd. Haven't noticed others but there may be.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MCUPELL-

Congrats on your new phone! I want you to have nothing but the best experience when using the awesome features your phone has to offer. Does this issue happen when doing something in particular ( i.e. text messaging, browsing the internet)? Have you tried force closing your app to see if issue gets corrected? Settings>app manager>all>google keyboard>force close/stop, clear cache, unintstall updates.

Please keep me posted.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes