LenniePaz
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I get texts, sometimes it will say "messages +" with the sender's avatar next to it on my lockscreen, and other times it will just say "messages" on the lockscreen notification, but doesn't show the sender's avatar. Has anyone experienced this? Note 10 Plus, by the way. 

0 Likes
Re: Avatars not showing sometimes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention LenniePaz. We can certainly understand wanting to be able to have a consistent flow when it comes to viewing your messages. From what you described, it sounds like your device is using both Message+ and the Message app that was built into the phone. Do you only use Message+ for your messages currently?

0 Likes
LenniePaz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm only using Message +. I accidentally left off the + on my original post. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate that clarification, LenniePaz. Tell me, do you notice any sort of pattern when this happens? For example, when your signal is weak, when you're in a certain location, etc.)? Please elaborate, thank you. 

0 Likes
LenniePaz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nope, no pattern. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LenniePaz, thank you for these details. Are the Avatars showing (or not showing) for the same contacts?  

0 Likes
LenniePaz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LenniePaz, are these Avatars created using a native app on the phone or a third-party app? And what app is not always showing the Avatars? - ErichC_VZW

0 Likes
TheMtnMonkey

The message plus app is not showing avatars at all, it never had for my s10 plus and now it's not for my gf a51

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Using avatars is a great way to see at a glance who has messaged you, TheMtnMonkey. We are sorry to hear that this feature is not working for you while using Message+. Does the same thing happen if you change to the native message application that came with the phone? Do you have an avatar and, if so, does your avatar show up on others' phones when you text them?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes