BEYOND frustrated!
skeetergirl00

I originally contacted Verizon because my Incredible (original) wasn't getting or sending texts. I was on the phone forever and finally had to do a factory reboot which also prompted a software upgrade which seemed to fix the problem. While on the phone I decided to upgrade to 4G and ordered a completely different phone the Pantech Breakout. Well I thought the problem was fixed especially with getting a whole new device but apparently the problem is still intermittent which tells me it has nothing to do with the device its the service. So I have spent the last several hours trying to find a fix but nothing. I see that a lot of people are having Incredible issues and there is some hotfix but its not only that phone having the problem. HELP PLEASE this is my main form if communication and I don't want to waste any more time on the issue. HELP!!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BEYOND frustrated!
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

skeetergirl00 wrote:

I originally contacted Verizon because my Incredible (original) wasn't getting or sending texts. I was on the phone forever and finally had to do a factory reboot which also prompted a software upgrade which seemed to fix the problem. So you DID start receiving and sending text messages?  While on the phone I decided to upgrade to 4G and ordered a completely different phone the Pantech Breakout. Well I thought the problem was fixed especially with getting a whole new device but apparently the problem is still intermittent So, sometimes you CAN get texts, and sometimes you can't?  That says to me that it's likely a problem with your signal.  Are you in an extended network?  Do you move from location to location throughout the day?  What does your signal look like?  which tells me it has nothing to do with the device its the service. So I have spent the last several hours trying to find a fix but nothing. I see that a lot of people are having Incredible issues and there is some hotfix but its not only that phone having the problem. HELP PLEASE this is my main form if communication and I don't want to waste any more time on the issue. HELP!!!!!!

0 Likes
skeetergirl00
0 Likes
spot4

I'm having basically the same issue with my Pantech Breakout, and it's cost me money and got me in trouble with my boss already. I can send texts usually, but receiving them is a complete crapshoot. I'll be receiving them just fine and it will just stop receiving them in the middle of what is obviously a series of messages. I am traveling throughout the day, and I would tell you whether I'm in an extended network or not, but Verizon doesn't seem to have a single legend anywhere detailing what their "network symbols" in the status bar of the phone actually mean. Currently, here at work, beside the Wifi icon, there seems to be a crosshair, plus the 3G logo, and then finally a two-bar reception rating. But this has happened in plenty of places where I'm in a 4G network with more than three bars. It just seems to decide not to get the text at all. It happens at my home constantly, where I have 4G and four bars, and I even have the phone talking to my home Wifi as well. The crosshair logo is on at all of these places, but I can't seem to find out what that means anywhere, so I couldn't tell you if that's significant.

And I can understand if it's coming in while I'm out of a reception area, sure. But isn't the whole point of a text that it will get to you as soon as you're back in reception? Why don't I get the text at all?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Crosshairs above the signal meter means that you have no signal to the device...  You may have reception issues in your area.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

The crosshair icon is stating you have GPS on or off. If there are no add'l parenthesis' to the right, GPS is off, If you have the standalone GPS on, then the two parenthesis' will be to the right of the crosshairs.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

If the crosshairs are like the image below then Bud is exactly correct...

Breatout Crosshairs.png

0 Likes
spot4

The crosshair looks like that, but it does not have the waves radiating from the right side of the icon. It's just the crosshair itself. I don't think I've turned on the GPS at all, but it is entirely possible.

It's happened at multiple areas where it looks as if I have perfect reception. Would it be more reliable if I just switched the phone to stick to 3G? This has seriously cost me money and gotten me in trouble at work because of missed texts.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Then GPS is not on. The icon is letting you know when you call 911, if the dispatch center has the appropriate equipment they can locate where you are.

0 Likes
spot4

Well... okay, thanks? That's helpful to know what that icon means, but this still doesn't solve the missed text problem at all. I'm still having this trouble, and I'm sure the original poster isn't all that thrilled that we haven't been able to do anything to help her, either.

So sure, let's just assume there's a problem with signal, since that seems to be the only thing anyone can say about it, even though my phone doesn't agree with that experience. What can we do about it?

0 Likes