Bill Shows texts from my phone - that I did not send - and nothing on my phone
kmart1172

I have about 13 message on my bill stating that it came from my phone to an email address, which I did not send and I have no texts on my phone showing.

Can someone hack your phone? How do I stop it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bill Shows texts from my phone - that I did not send - and nothing on my phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello kmart1172

I'm sorry you were having problems with your bill.  Let's get to the bottom of this. Were these texts or picture messages? Do you have more than 1 line? What device do you have? Were you charged for these messages?

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Bill Shows texts from my phone - that I did not send - and nothing on my phone
kmart1172

No not charged, and not on the other two phones, just on mine. It looks like picture/video was sent, but I don't have anything like that on my phone nor do I know the email address?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Interesting! Some phones with other carriers have email addresses in the description when you send a picture/video message. It's not a normal email address you would message day to day like yahoo, gmail, etc. Therefore, on your phone, it could be a certain mobile number; however, under description online, it will show that weird email address. It sounds like this is exactly what's going on.

I hope this helps!

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

One thing which may explain this is if you were replying to a text sent to your phone as a "group" text from a sender.

Normally when replying to a group text(depending on your phone settings), the reply is sent to ALL recipients of the original text. You may  not even be aware the original was a "group" text when you replied. You would be charged for 1 text for each recipient to which the reply was sent. Your phone would ONLY have the 1 reply listed in your texting threads, but it would have been sent to multiple addresses.

This is just 1 explanation why you could have mystery texts in your Verizon text logs.

0 Likes