Block AOL messages from 246-246
spclark

Early this morning for the first time ever I received text messages multiple times from AOL AIM. I do not subscribe to AOL and wish to BLOCK ALL TEXT MESSAGES other than those from people to whom I've given my 10-digit cellphone number.

The SPAM messages received seem to be associated with something called AIM Lifestream?

The number that appears on my phone when these messages arrive is 246-246, which cannot be entered in the Call & Message Blocking feature under Manage My Safeguards as it's NOT a 10-digit number.... Please advise.

I use my phone for an alarm clock & deeply resent being awaked at 2:15 AM by messages such as these!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Block AOL messages from 246-246
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@spclark

Turn off your auto-reply for your email address or turn off your email notifications under your profile in the Verizon Wireless Community Forum. Your auto reply is exposing your email address on this public forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Block AOL messages from 246-246
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can block all texts/messages from the internet  under the same place where you block phone numbers.  That should stop it.  Or you can text STOP or CANCEL to the offending message....that should end it as well.

0 Likes
Re: Receiving text messages from unknown parties, how to get rid of them
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand how annoying this can be spclark. I would love to help you with steps to stop these messages. You may be receiving Premium messages. Here is some information about these type of messages and how to stop them http://tiny.cc/8ad1qw . The steps SuzyQ provided were great. Sending a message reply to that text saying "Stop", "End", "Quit", "Cancel", or "Unsubscribe". This should stop the messages. We can also put a Premium SMS block on your account. I hope this information helps.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes