Block Yahoo 092466501
shalasa44

I got a few text from what turns out to be a yahoo IM 009-246-6501.  I went to spam controls and blocked this number on the call and message tab, the yahoo id on the internet tab, and checked the block all messages from webt.  This was last week, then I got another one last night so something is not right.  Do  I also need to check block all messages from email as well?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Block Yahoo 092466501
budone
Legend

These are text messages sent from Yahoo (92466 is the corresponding numbers on a phone) and the last three number is the message thread. The basic blocking of numbers is only for phone numbers.

Even if blocked, the next message could be from 92466503.

There is premium block for short codes (which this is one) have you activated it???

I get messages from FB friends in this format all the time. I take it you do not know who sent it???

0 Likes
sdsds

Yes, no idea who it is.  Thought they had stopped becuase I blocked the yahoo name and number, but guess not.  What is the premium block?

0 Likes
shalasa44

No idea.  A few were sent like a week ago and asked to stop.  Few days later got another, then set up blocks (which do not work since did not know what short code was).  Sent another yesterday. 

How do I set up a premium code?  I found where on the site, just not sure what it will do once checked and if I have to specify the Yahoo number or it will block them all?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

This is premium block description.

Block Premium Messaging, previously known as Block Premium SMS, will prevent you from purchasing and receiving Premium Messaging on the mobile number selected . Premium Messaging programs are generally messages from a short-code (5 or 6 digits) which include a subscription or per-use fee in addition to any other charges that may apply. All other messaging services (including but not limited to text messaging, picture messaging, Animated Messaging, Premium Animated Messaging, Verizon Wireless online photo album, and text-to-landline) will continue to work as usual and will continue to be billed per your Calling Plan, Messaging Bundle or at the applicable messaging rate plus any additional fees or charges for these services.

Block Premium Messaging will cancel all current Premium Messaging programs at the time the blocking feature is activated. No credits or pro-rating will be applied to the Premium Messaging fees already incurred.

Instead of Block Premium Messaging, consider Content Filters to manage the type of messaging programs your Account Member can view and purchase. Content Filters are offered free of charge.

However I do not know if this would block a Yahoo message.... SuzyQ, we need you!!!

She will know the answer

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
I'm glad you have such confidence in me! A premium message block does NOT block Facebook from getting through; not sure about Yahoo, since it's not "premium" in the sense that you pay a monthly fee to use it.

Blocking incoming texts from the web or email SHOULD block the Yahoo stuff - unless someone is spoofing the Yahoo ID #'s. :smileysad: Even then, it seems that would need to be done via the web, so blocking web texts would work.

I just logged on to Yahoo and sent my phone a text - it came in from 92466501 and my username on Yahoo. And I have premium texts blocked, so that answers your question, budone, about the premium block.

To the OP - is there a username or ID associated with the Yahoo texts?
0 Likes
kSo9204
Contributor - Level 2

After reviewing our information about premium messaging, I am not showing that it will block Yahoo messenger alerts. I was able to find out that the only way we would be able to stop those alerts would be to block messaging altogether which is a bit drastic. I was able to locate this link providing information to cancel mobile alerts from the Yahoo site as it will have to be cancelled on their end and this link advises of those steps:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mobile/alerts/alerts-09.html

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Kymlyn,
The mobile alerts may not be the issue, it could be a Yahoo user sending a text message to the OP - in which case it may be next to impossible to block it except by blocking all messaging. :smileysad:

Perhaps blocking all messages from the web will work?
0 Likes
Angeleyes1172

when you got the test on your phone was it from a yahoo account?? and the number on your ohone was it 924-665-01??

0 Likes