Block messages
txmmoore

Why can't Verizon allow users to block text messages from their phone?  Why do I have to log into my Verizon account and spend tedious minutes looking for family safe guards to block a phone number?  Totally inconvenient. If I want to block a text message from my phone, I should just be able to click a button and its done.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Block messages
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have? You can block numbers on the phone itself.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it is important to be able to block numbers easily on the phone Txmmoore. There are other options in blocking the number on the phone. Ann154 was correct in saying this. What is the make/model of your device? Once we have that information we can assist you with the directions as they vary from phone to phone. 

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
txmmoore

Galaxy 7.  I have looked for that option, but cannot find it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking time to work with us. On the Samsung Galaxy S7 you can open the Phone app, select Contacts, then select the contact you want to block, press menu on top right and click Block Number.

YaleK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
txmmoore

Thank you, but the number that I want to block on my phone IS NOT a contact. It is a random text message from who know where.  I just want to block it from my phone instead of having to log into my verizon account.  So, based on your information, I have to create a contact with this random number, then block it?  How ridiculous is this.  Should just be a selection...Click here to block this number.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to help you move forward with your available options to block a number. Here's a link that will assist with locating "family safeguard" online. Otherwise, I recommend you save the unknown number as a contact to block messages from this number with the settings on your phone. We apologize for any inconvenience.

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
txmmoore

Thank you.  But in the last week, I have received about 10 text messages from some "text bomb".  They are all from different numbers.  To create a contact and block it is a ROYAL PAIN.  It would be easier just to click a button "BLOCK" from the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those copious unwanted texts I agree are frustrating. Another consideration that I reluctantly offer is a phone number change. While it’s never an ideal solution, you could also change your number at no cost using this link here:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/change-mobile-number-faqs/

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
txmmoore

Understood.  But, if I had a "one click" block number, this would solve the problem.

0 Likes