Blocking Phone Numbers on Verizon Messenger+
psgeorge
Enthusiast - Level 1

As I have a Samsung phone and use Verizon my service provider, I use Verizon's Messenger+ for messaging.  It works adequately for messaging, but I have a major problem with receiving spam messages.  Verizon will only allow the blocking of 5 phone numbers and the blocking of these numbers expires after 90 days.  What a JOKE!  This is relatively worthless based on all the spam messages I receive.  Either Verizon has to allow the blocking of unlimited numbers without a time limit or I need another service provider who does.  This shouldn't be a problem blocking unlimited numbers for an unlimited retention time.  This is only software.  If they can do 5 numbers for 90 days, then they can do any number of phone numbers.  Perhaps they simply do not want to have numbers blocked.  All I know is that I am tired of this.

Re: Blocking Phone Numbers on Verizon Messenger+
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@psgeorge wrote:

As I have a Samsung phone and use Verizon my service provider, I use Verizon's Messenger+ for messaging.  It works adequately for messaging, but I have a major problem with receiving spam messages.  Verizon will only allow the blocking of 5 phone numbers and the blocking of these numbers expires after 90 days.  What a JOKE!  This is relatively worthless based on all the spam messages I receive.  Either Verizon has to allow the blocking of unlimited numbers without a time limit or I need another service provider who does.  This shouldn't be a problem blocking unlimited numbers for an unlimited retention time.  This is only software.  If they can do 5 numbers for 90 days, then they can do any number of phone numbers.  Perhaps they simply do not want to have numbers blocked.  All I know is that I am tired of this.

No, it is NOT only software.  There has to be a server/database(s) storing (millions of) numbers to block for (millions of) users.  Yes, there is software that accesses that server/database to search your list of numbers to block when you receive a call/text which might appear simple.  Managing that server/database has to be controlled.  Unlimited users with unlimited numbers for unlimited retention is just not reasonable.  Maybe you'd be willing to pay for such a service?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: Blocking Phone Numbers on Verizon Messenger+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to hear about your frustration and the issue you are having with blocking numbers on Verizon Messages, psgeorge. It would be sad to lose you as a customer as we value your business. Do you get messages from different numbers beyond the five numbers you use in the text block? Here's a link that can help you with the blocks we have available https://www.verizon.com/support/block-unblock-services-faqs/?adobe_mc=MCMID%3D5893929973821692443065... Please give one of these other options a try and let us know if you need additional assistance.

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes