Blocking numbers from calling or texting
nadahappycamper

I just got a new number and suddenly I'm having people sending me texts and calling me for someone else. How the hell do I stop these people, or block them. Because the last time I was told to reply to the texts with stop and one person got pissed and started crank texting me from his and other phones. In one day I got sooo many, the phone crashed, then my account was blocked leaving me with no phone.

This is like the second time I've had this problem, how the hell do I prevent this from happening again?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blocking numbers from calling or texting
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Numbers get recycled, too frequently, and this is not uncommon.  You can request another new number, set the security settings to "Contact list only" (not ideal, possibly not available on your phone, and in some cases not a good option), or hope folks finally get that the number's been assigned to someone else.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Blocking numbers from calling or texting
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Numbers get recycled, too frequently, and this is not uncommon.  You can request another new number, set the security settings to "Contact list only" (not ideal, possibly not available on your phone, and in some cases not a good option), or hope folks finally get that the number's been assigned to someone else.

0 Likes