Blocking spam texts/phone #s
LoverofItaly26

I keep getting these spam texts about "getting cash now".  The wording varies and so do the phone numbers.  The numbers have a 973, a 702, or a 914 area code.  Or the texts are from one of those 5 digit numbers and begin with 58.  But they are all about getting cash or funds now and usually have a website on the bottom.  Is anyone else getting these?  I'm on the National Do Not Call Registry but recently started getting all these annoying spam texts so that my inbox constantly has to be erased.  Is there any way to block them?  Help please!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Blocking spam texts/phone #s
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are various types of blocks you can place, but if the stuff is coming in from a variety of numbers and sources, that makes it difficult to block.  The blocks are for specific numbers.  Check and see if the "short codes" are Premium texts, because they will cause a $9.99 or more charge on your bill each month, and those you CAN block entirely by putting a block on Premium SMS.

Summary of types of blocks

HTH,

0 Likes
groovieknave
Enthusiast - Level 3

As far as the messages from 10 digit numbers you can block up to five from your myverizon account by logging into it, and then choosing "My services" and the verizon safeguards on the left side then you can add the numbers there.

For the ones that come in as 5 digit codes, you should reply to those with the text "STOP END CANCEL UNSUBSCRIBE" and that should stop them. Also you can add a premium SMS block to your account by signing in at myverizon go to my services, my plan, add or remove features and choose premium sms block.

Hope that helps.

manishved

I get the same messages and they are coming from a 5 digit number - not a 10-digit number (77893) . I hope Verizon has a way of blocking them as well because currently Verizon wont block them (maybe they are working with the spammers - who knows?).

0 Likes
Thank you for your message. To ensure the safety of our t...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you for your message. To ensure the safety of our team members, we have temporarily reduced our business hours and our Response Centers will be closing for the day soon. You may not receive a response until the next business day. Thank you for your understanding.
0 Likes