Bluetooth headset not working for calls in messages on Ellipsis 8HD
Anduiril
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Bluetooth headset works for media but not for calls made in Messages. I'm using my tablet temporarily as my phone and the call quality with the built in mic is horrible.

Any ideas on why the Bluetooth isn't working properly?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth headset not working for calls in messages on Ellipsis 8HD
lorenb_vzw
Verizon Employee

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with your phone. Using your tablet was a great option Let's take a closer look at what you are experiencing. Which messaging application are you using? Have you ever been able to use this bluetooth for calls on your tablet successfully?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Anduiril
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm using the Verizon Messages app. And no I haven't been able to use my

Bluetooth for calling. I hear it ring but as soon as the call starts it

goes back to the tablets mic and speaker.

0 Likes
lorenb_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for getting back to me about the Bluetooth. Since we last messaged, I have done some research on this particular tablet. While the tablet does support the audio calling from the Messages + application it does not support Bluetooth headset audio calls at this time. Should there be an update to this software in the future, you will receive a software update notification on your device.

I know that you are trying to ensure that you may handle calls smoothly, have we had the opportunity to explore the issues that you are having with your phone?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please
click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures
others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with
this!! 

0 Likes
Anduiril
Enthusiast - Level 3

If I had known about the Bluetooth I wouldn't have bought this tablet. But

that is a matter for customer service.

I do have a Nexus 7 that the Bluetooth works on but it's wifi only. Which I

can use this tablet to connect to. Is there a way to get Messages +

activated on it without having my phone active to receive the text message?

0 Likes
lorenb_vzw
Verizon Employee

I am truly sorry to hear that this would have led you to another decision. Having the equipment that works for your needs is always a big deal. While you may choose to download the Messages + app from the Play Store, on your Nexus 7, you would need to have an active line with Verizon Wireless, for the device to send and receive messages using this application.

0 Likes