Calling Feature Issue with Version 7.0.x
engage
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use the Calling feature on my tablet a lot as I don't like to carry both my phone and tablet around the house.

When version 7 auto-installed, the calling feature worked for a few hours and then disabled itself and cannot be turned on again.  I have uninstalled and re-installed 7.0.8, 7.0.9, 7.0.10 on several occasions.  Issue continues to exist - works at first, then disables.

I went back to version 6.9.13 where the feature works fine.  However, the app updates itself.  I turned off auto-updates for the app in the Play Store, but it still auto-updates.  This is very frustrating as I have limited mobility and can't get to my phone fast enough when it rings.  Any way to keep Messages from updating itself?

Tablet: Samsung S5e (SM-T720) Android 10

Phone: Moto G5 Plus Android 8.1.0

0 Likes
Re: Calling Feature Issue with Version 7.0.x
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

engage, 

We are here to help, and we want to make sure you can enjoy the benefits of Messages+. Let's make sure we're on the same page, as we work to resolve this. Are you currently a Verizon Wireless customer with an active account? Are you connected to Wi-Fi when you are trying to receive calls on your device? 

Thanks,

MichelleH_VZW 

0 Likes
engage
Enthusiast - Level 2

This feature works fine at version 6.9.13, so the answers to your questions are Yes and Yes

0 Likes
engage
Enthusiast - Level 2

And I did figure out how to keep version 6.9.13 from updating.  I had to turn all updates off, so I manually update my other apps and leave Message+ at 6.9.13.

I would be nice if the new version could be fixed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want is for you to be without a working phone, engage. I know how important it is to you. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, however, keep in mind we are not the developers of the software, the manufacturer of the device is. Is your phone working okay now?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Engage, we appreciate your feedback. It has been noted and we will work on this for the application. 

-TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes