Calling option in Messenger+ setting is grayed out
sheilarae74

I gave a Verizon LG G5 (which has HD calling enabled [so does my Verizon account] that is running on Android 7. I just got a Samsung Galaxy Tab T-567v (Android 6.0.1). They both have Messenger+ (version 6.3.10) installed. The tablet gets a text when my phone does, but not calls. In the Message+ app on my tablet, the option to turn on calling is grayed out, so it won't let me turn it on (there is no setting to turn on calling on the Messenger+ app on my cell phone). I've tried, according to another topic suggestion, going into settings, Manage Device, and disconnect the device from the phone first. Then go into the Messages app on the tablet and select Uninstall Update. Restart tablet.  Then open the Messages app on the tablet, go into settings, connect the tablet back with the phone number. Once you enter the code and only phone that shows that the tablet is connected, turn off both devices for about one minute. then power on the phone first and then the tablet. That did not work. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Calling option in Messenger+ setting is grayed out
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

One important thing to check is if your tablet has a microphone. If it does, you should be able to make outgoing calls with Message+, but you won't be able to receive calls. For more in depth troubleshooting, please message us directly on Facebook or Twitter.
www.facebook.com/verizon
@vzwsupport

NoahS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Calling option in Messenger+ setting is grayed out
sheilarae74

Yes it does have a microphone. It is capable of recording HD video. I just want to know why it would be grayed out. The T-567v is one of the newest tablets available from Samsung. It's actually the Verizon version of the Galaxy E Tab.

0 Likes