Can I Disable The Prompts Asking If I Want To Delete?
2001ttransport

I would like to know if there is a way to disable the prompt to confirm the delete action:

"Delete

The entire conversation will be deleted.

Check block for 'Delete locked messages"

No or Delete

This drives me nuts as I receive tons of txt messages from different numbers and would like to just swipe left to delete without the prompts.  Is there an option somewhere to change this setting?

thanks Dave

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When I swipe a conversation to the left to delete it prompts for confirmation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

2001ttransport,

We certainly want for you to enjoy the text app that you are using. I regret to see that it prompts an alert each time you want to delete an entire conversation. With Verizon Messages, there wouldn’t be a way to get rid of this alert message. I’m hoping that we can incorporate a way in the future to bypass this message.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: When I swipe a conversation to the left to delete it prompts for confirmation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

2001ttransport,

We certainly want for you to enjoy the text app that you are using. I regret to see that it prompts an alert each time you want to delete an entire conversation. With Verizon Messages, there wouldn’t be a way to get rid of this alert message. I’m hoping that we can incorporate a way in the future to bypass this message.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HowardRov

2022... this is still an issue

0 Likes
Re: Can I Disable The Prompts Asking If I Want To Delete?
klgcle
Enthusiast - Level 1

From 2017 to Present nothing worked on to stop the CONFIRM to delete. It's really annoying and if not fixed, I'll go back to my original messaging app. 

Tags (1)
0 Likes