Can I get messages for multiple devices through the Verizon messages app?
Joey66

How do I add a device? So I can receive messages on my droid from my iPhone, both r verizon

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Messenger +
Snn5
Legend

You can only have one number attached to receive messages from.  In other words, you have a phone with a number that can relay messages to other non-phone devices.  You cannot send messages from one phone to another in this synced manner.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can only have one number attached to receive messages from.  In other words, you have a phone with a number that can relay messages to other non-phone devices.  You cannot send messages from one phone to another in this synced manner.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joey66

Verizon Messages is a great way to sync your text messaging across a smartphone, tablet and PC. At this time, a smartphone cannot sync to another smartphone.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Joey66

Any suggestions on how to avoid carrying two phones?

Joe

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you have 2 phones and need 2 numbers I cannot think of another way not to carry 2 phones.  Using a google voice number can ring the 2 phones at the same time, but that would require you signing up for Google Voice and giving that number out to people.

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI Joey66

I think you can add numbers to your iPhone if you are using iMessages the iPhone native app.  However, I don't know if one of the devices can be an Android, or if that would even matter.  I don't have an iPhone so have not tested it. But, if you want to eliminate carrying 2 phones, that could be a solution worth looking into.

Good luck!

ALIEM

0 Likes