Can I read the texts msgs from the other lines on my account?
kauri6
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can I read the texts msgs from the other lines on my account?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I read the texts msgs from the other lines on my account?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can read them from the phone itself, of course.  You can see the text logs (not actual message content) if you are the Account Owner and logged in as such.  If the phone is using Verizon Messages and you know the MyVerizon password, then you can read the messages from your computer.  Otherwise, the answer is 'no'.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can read them from the phone itself, of course.  You can see the text logs (not actual message content) if you are the Account Owner and logged in as such.  If the phone is using Verizon Messages and you know the MyVerizon password, then you can read the messages from your computer.  Otherwise, the answer is 'no'.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

tikibar1 wrote:

If the phone is using Verizon Messages and you know the MyVerizon password, then you can read the messages from your computer.

Of course, this assumes the messages had not been deleted on the phone by the user.

Additionally, some messages in Verizon Messages are only available on the device. They are not synced to the computer or other devices. These are normally messages related to handset switches, account info, etc.... and I think would not be the type of messages you would be interested in reading.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

rcschnoor wrote:

tikibar1 wrote:

If the phone is using Verizon Messages and you know the MyVerizon password, then you can read the messages from your computer.

Of course, this assumes the messages had not been deleted on the phone by the user.

Of course!  And that also applies to reading the texts on the phones themselves. 

Deleted texts will still show up on the text logs, though.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'll also mention that if any of the phones happen to be iPhones, iMessages won't show up on the text logs since they go through Apple's servers, not Verizon's.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

However, if iPhone users are utilizing Verizon Messages instead of iMessage as I did with my iPhone, you would not have this condition.

0 Likes
kiddt2

where on the laptop homepage would I go to to view the actual messages.?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Messages can be found by logging into the line's My Verizon account at www.verizonwireless.com, then hover over My Verizon at top until you get a pop-up, then hover over My Device until you get another pop-up, then click on Send and Manage Messages.

0 Likes
Maguirre1925

How do you do it

0 Likes