Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can I receive messages online through My Verizon?
merjr

Please? What good is it to send a message if you cannot get the replies? OK, that was rhetorical. Something is better than nothing. Please add this to the request box. It only happens twice a quarter, but when it does, I need this ability.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I receive messages online through My Verizon?
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

The messages are not accessible online because of security related situation...  The only way to see replies of messages is from the device, this makes it only possible for the correct user to view the data.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

If you mean texting via the vtext.com online, then yes, you can send and receive messages through the online app.  The limitation is that you can only exchange messages with someone who has a Verizon cell phone.  And I think, once you close the session, the messages are gone.  You can choose to have replies sent to your device, or to the computer.  And i think you only get replies if yo are logged in to your account.  I don't use the vtext.com, so maybe some one who does can give you more information.

0 Likes
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Thanks SuzyQ for that info, I havent used the online text service for some while and did not realized that modified the setup, when I use to use it the replies would come to my device and there wasn't any way to transmit the infor to a PC because of security restrictions...

0 Likes