Can I undelete messages?
mirrorlove8

Hi everyone,

I was trying to delete some old messages from a friend, but somehow all of the messages got deleted instead of specific ones I marked off. I'm using an LG Revolution. Is there any way to get these messages back that I deleted, or are they gone forever?

Thanks for your help!

Natasha

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I undelete messages?
Wildman
Legend

I think they are gone in the wind because the text message apps usually doesn't place the files into a recycle bin or any other place that can be recovered.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Like Wildman stated, deleted text messages are gone.  For the future, you can lock messages you want to keep, then when you delete all, those locked messages remain, and you won't be able to accidentally delete them.

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi mirroelove8,

I know how important it is to save text messages. Wildman & SuzyQ are correct, deleted messages can not be restored.  To help ease your mind, I would suggest downloading and application that will back up text messages via the Market in the event your texts messages are accidentally deleted again.

Most back-up applications will store text messages to your SD card and the messages can easily be restored once they are deleted from the device. Subsequently, the application would need to be downloaded to your device prior to the messages being deleted. I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any additional concerns.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes