Can't Receive Picture Messages
alexgee013

I have a blackberry bold and i can't receive picture messages. It just pops up as a button that says "Download" and i click it and it just doesn't download. Any help would be appreciated

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't Receive Picture Messages
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

That's very frustrating to not be able to receive picture messages. I can't imagine not being able to receive pictures. Have you tired removing the battery and retesting? When did this start happening? Have you ever been able to receive picture messages? Please check your signal strength. Do you have Wifi turned on if so please turn off and retry. If you are still experiencing this problem please PM me and I will look into your account to see if there is a account issue.

Thank you

0 Likes
driola

I have the same problem.  msg shows a down arrow, and download is option, but nothing happens.....

0 Likes
mapv21

I just started having the same problem 2 weeks ago, and have been receiving picture messages on this phone for years.  I removed the battery and retested and still says "Message expired or not found."  I have full bars of strength when trying to download them, but no luck.  I don't have WiFi so I know that's not the issue.

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello driola,

I know picture messaging is a neat feature.  Can you send pictures just fine?  When you are attempting to receive a picture message what signal indicator does your device display?  Does the internet work at this moment?  Is this constant or intermittent?  If you are still encountering opportunities please advise me of the information above and we can move forward from there.  Thank you.  

0 Likes
Mandyy4-10-11

I have an LG Cosmos touch and i have been able to send and receive picture messages fine until today! It's so frustrating it says message delivery failed! Can you please help?

0 Likes
syrsteel

I am having the same problem with my R2D2 Droid 2 with videos sent.  It says it's downloading, then when it finishes I click and nothing happens. The only thing that has changed since the last time I received one is an Android update I did yesterday. 

0 Likes
LauraPeppel

GRR I recently had my phone wiped but I now can't recieve or send picture or voice messages. I used to not be able to text, receive texts or send or recieve calls but when i called the number my phne told me to go to for calling it helped me get only that back but not pic messaging. :smileysad:

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

syrsteel wrote:

I am having the same problem with my R2D2 Droid 2 with videos sent.  It says it's downloading, then when it finishes I click and nothing happens. The only thing that has changed since the last time I received one is an Android update I did yesterday. 

Hi syrsteel,

I am sorry to learn that you're having some issues with the video feature after a software upgrade. This must be frustrating. Please note that some times conflicts occur with software updates. It is recommended to do a Factory Reset after a software update to resolve or eliminate any conflict with files from previous software version. Please do a Factory Reset to resolve the video issue outlined in your post.

Please keep in mind that performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications.

0 Likes
Not applicable

LauraPeppel wrote:

GRR I recently had my phone wiped but I now can't recieve or send picture or voice messages. I used to not be able to text, receive texts or send or recieve calls but when i called the number my phne told me to go to for calling it helped me get only that back but not pic messaging. :smileysad:

Laura, if you are still having issues with your picture messaging, try dialing *228 send option 2, then the phone will power off. Try sending yourself a picture message once it powers back on. Let us know your results. 

0 Likes