Can't Set Up Mobile Email: "Server Not Found"
spiritres

Greetings,

I'm trying to set up a mobile email account on with a flip top Verizon phone for a customer.  When I enter in our IMAP server details, I repeatedly get the message, "Server Not Found Check Your Details" or something like that.

This mail server is entirely legitimate and all of our DNS information is correct. 

Can someone from Verizon please chime in on this and offer some advice?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't Set Up Mobile Email: "Server Not Found"
budone
Legend

I have always had hit and miss issues setting up an account to use IMAP.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Spiritres!

Having email on the go is so impressive! I'm sorry that your email account isn't going through successfully.

I definitely have a suggestion.  Try following these steps:
http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=17509

Let us know what works!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
spiritres

Thanks for getting back to me, Melissa,

Unfortunately, the info didn't help.  It outlines what I was indeed doing and what typically works with other devices, e.g. Android, iPad, Thunderbird, etc.

Is there anything more which could shed some light on the situation? Even my mail server logs don't show any connection attempt.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi spiritres,

If you've followed the details above then you've taken the steps the phone needs for service to run properly. Can you see if other data services work ok on the phone? Can you send/receive picture messages? Can you browse the mobile web? If these aren't working then it's the data connection itself causing the trouble. If they work then I encourage you to check with your email provider and have them confirm the settings being used on Mobile Email. Some email providers change their server details for mobile devices.

Thanks,

MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
spiritres

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.  I am the email admin for this client.  Can you please point me in the right direction to find out where I can get the information I need to make sure my email server is configured properly?  Like, what changes do email admins make to their servers for mobile devices?  Android phones are working fine, but all mobile devices are pretty much not alike.

0 Likes