Can't activate Verizon Message + on iPod touch iOS 12.5.
Balanaus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Using an iPod touch 6gen with iOS 12.5, cannot get Message+ to activate. Successfully scan in the CR code and get a success notice, but that is as far as it goes.  Cannot get Message+ app to open on the iPod touch.  Anyone with a solution?

0 Likes
Re: Can't activate Verizon Message + on iPod touch iOS 12.5.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Balanaus, we know it is important to be able to send an receive messages properly. Is this the first time you are using Message + on your iPod? Do you have the latest software installed on your device? *Joshua

0 Likes
Balanaus
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use to use the Verizon Message app that was replaced by the Message+ app.  I have the latest available OS fo the iPod touch 6th gen which iOS 12.5.  I receive the QR code on the Verizon Alcatel Go Flip V and scan it with the iPod touch.  I get another message that my iPod touch has access to my text messages, but when opening the Message+ app, we start all over again with the activation  process, even though I have confirmation of a successful activation.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Balanaus, I use Messages + on my computer and I know the importance of your messaging working on all of the devices.  We will get this figured out and get this working.  What version of Message + do you have on your iPod?  Can you please confirm the amount of available storage on your iPod?  What type of issues are you having with Message + on your Verizon phone (if any)? -Santo

0 Likes
Balanaus
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get the QR code for scanning on my Verizon Alcatel Go Flip V and it registers as success and is followed by a text message (on the phone) that my iPod has access to my text messages.  Only problems is every time I select the Version 3.1 messaging app on my iPod, it starts the process all over again.  20.3 GB or 32 GB is used.  No issues with Messaging on the Verizon Alcatel Go Flip V cell phone.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details, Balanaus. I reviewed some details and I am afraid your Alcatel Go Flip phone is not compatible with the Verizon Messages+ app. You would be able to use the website as a general way to send messages through your number, but the app is not compatible with your device. I apologize for the confusion. -Greg

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Thank you for those details, Balanaus. I reviewed some details and I am afraid your Alcatel Go Flip phone is not compatible with the Verizon Messages+ app. You would be able to use the website as a general way to send messages through your number, but the app is not compatible with your device. I apologize for the confusion. -Greg

The OP isn't wanting to use the Messages+ application on the flip phone. They want to use it on the ipod. As I understand it, you can use a flip phone and still sync your text messages to an ipad with the Messages+ application. It should be a similar situation with the ipod.

Unless of course the Messages+ application somehow thinks the ipod is the same thing as the iPhone. That could be the issue. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Balanaus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann154, you are correct in assessing the issue, cannot activate Verizon Messaging + on my iPod touch 6th gen.  The Alcatel Go Flip V receives and send text messages just fine, no issues.  It just that Verizon insists on using QR codes rather than sending numeric codes, even though their instruction set indicates that a numeric code would bu used.  Lame!

0 Likes