Can't connect message+ to account
Ashpotatoes

I have a Galaxy s5 running Marshmallow. I'm using such an old phone because my other one broke. I'm trying to get message+ to work with it, but I can't seem to get it to. I've made sure the app is updated and it's my default messaging app. I've already used it with my number once, so it already acts like it's connected, but it wont sync or send any messages, and it's not listed under my devices that should be connected. I can't uninstall the app because it came installed with the phone and will only let me "deactivate" it. There is a button to "activate account" in the app, but when I try it all it does is give me a pop up saying "Please wait starting service" that stays for less than a second, then goes away and nothing else happens. Please help, this is getting so frustrating.

0 Likes
Re: Can't connect message+ to account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ashpotatoes,

I love my Message+ application, so I can see why you'd be wanting this on your backup phone while your other device is out of commission. Let's work together and figure out the best solution for this. To begin, how does your text messaging work when you use an alternate messaging application? Are there any issues with your other services like calls or data? 

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
Ashpotatoes

I haven't actually activated this phone yet, it doesn't have service. Everything else works fine though. On my original phone, everything works perfectly, the screen just doesn't turn on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for confirming. Would you like us to help you activate this device on your account? What I would like for you to do is to reset the Message+ app on this device by following the steps on this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-97270/ Once the app has been reset, restart your device and then open the app to set it up again. Let us know the results. 

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Ashpotatoes wrote:

I haven't actually activated this phone yet, it doesn't have service. Everything else works fine though. On my original phone, everything works perfectly, the screen just doesn't turn on.

I would think the device would need to be activated before the Message+ app could be used over wireless service.  Could be when starting it tries to establish connection to the messaging server.  What if you turn on WiFi for the internet connection and try Message+ again?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes