Can't connect using Message+ on Android Tablet
jefegarcia

Hello:

I have a Samsung Tablet E running Android 7.1.1. I installed the Message+ app to stay in sync

with my Verizon flip phone.

However, after entering my flip phone number like it asks, I receive the error:

"We were unable to connect your device to synchronize with Verizon Integrated Messaging service. You can attempt to reconnect your device to Verizon Integrated Messaging through the Settings menu of the application."

I get the menu of this app because of this error...

I've read the other threads about Messages+ and connection problems but nothing has helped (uninstall updates, etc....). And, I cannot delete this app. Even though I had to go to Google Play store and manually download.

Anyone have this issue?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't connect using Message+ on Android Tablet
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Is your tablet a device on your account?  Not sure if your 'flip phone' is a supported device for integrated messaging.  What make/model is it?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
jefegarcia

Yes, I have a number for the tablet.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jefegarcia

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with that feature. I know how I depend on my phone for just about everything. I'm more than happy to take a deeper look into this to see if we can pinpoint what's going on, this way it can be resolved quickly. Sadly as jav6 mentioned, if you have a flip phone that feature (integrated messaging) is not compatible, therefore it will not be able to be utilized with those devices.

Edward_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

jav6
Champion - Level 3

Smiley Sad

0 Likes
jefegarcia

The verizon messages+ app finally text'd my flip phone (Kyocera - 4g/LTE model) the image for the QR code. However, the tablet couldn't read it. So, I forwarded the message to my wife's iphone. then, Verizon Messages+ scanned it successfully and set everything up.

Works now.....Thanks

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

That's good.  So you are saying the Integrated Messaging is now working with your flip phone's number and the tablet?  Maybe the Kyocera -4g/LTE isn't the typical legacy 'flip phone'.

0 Likes
bigdave1340
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just bought a lenovo TB-X606F. I DOWNLOADED THE VERIZON MESSAGE+ APP. WHEN I OPEN IT, I GET MESSAGE SAYING TAP HERE TO ACTIVATE. DOES NOTHING WHEN I TAP. I am verizon customer, but I have att cellular internet service for home wifi. Any help would be greatly appreciated! (Sorry about the caps.)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bigdave1340, we know the importance of understanding your options for using our Message + application on your devices. Let's work together on this. Is you new Lenovo tablet connected to your Verizon Wireless account? Or do you have a cell phone that is active with us? If so, what is the make and model of the phone? 

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes