Re: Can't get rid of draft notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Faye33, thank you for reaching out to us. Making sure you are able to remove this notification is important. Can you please let us know which text message application you are using (preloaded, VZW Messages, 3rd party)? Also, does your device have the latest Software Update?  -Sylvia

0 Likes
GABBRIELA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wasn't able to figure it out so I got a new phone I have the galaxy s20 and no more draft massages. The old phone was updated correctly and had the Verizon messaging system in use.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's great news to hear and congrats to you on getting your new Samsung Galaxy S20 Smartphone. I know you're going to enjoy its many features.  We're also very glad to hear that you're no longer experiencing issues with draft messages. That can be very annoying.

We've also noted your reference about your old phone being updated correctly and had the Verizon Message + system in place. 

Are you still using your old phone? -Robert C.

0 Likes
episkin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem (for a week or two now) on my Samsung Galaxy S9. Fully updated and I'm using the phone's messaging app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

episkin, a few weeks is a long time to experience this problem. We are here to assist. We recommend starting by clearing the cache for the app as shown on the following web page https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-216633/. Please let us know how that goes. 

-David

0 Likes
episkin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cleared the cache of the Messages app and restarted my phone. The "Draft" is still there.

0 Likes
KH-cathy29811

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes