Can't open/view Text messages
Jamie1115

I click on a contact to read my new message(s) and my screen turns white and says "loading" and it never actually loads and shows me the new message.  This happened out of nowhere tonight (nothing happened to the phone tonight) and I can still view emails and browse online.  I can also still compose a text message and send it successfully.  I have tried restarting the phone, I have tried shutting it off completely, cleaning it and putting it back together and trying again, but nothing is working.  Please HELP.....this is driving me crazy!

Thank you in advance!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't open/view Text messages
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Jamie1115,

I can certainly understand how important is it to be able to read your text messages! In this day and age texting has grown to outpace phone calls on cellular devices. Have you checked how much available device memory you have on the Incredible 2? If not then I would recommend making more memory available by performing the steps below:

• Delete any long threaded messages from the text message inbox.
  • Clearing data and clearing cache on commonly used apps.
  • Move pictures and videos to the memory card.
  • Uninstall any unused apps downloaded from the Market.
  • Remove any anti-virus apps or task managers.
  • Delete any widgets that's not being used from the main screens to free up RAM.
  • Remove any live wallpaper from the background.
  • Manually stop unnecessary or unused services in settings.
  • Delete any 3rd party messaging apps from the device.

Once you have done the step above then retry your text to see if you are able to read the message. Also, test to see if you are able to read new text messages, just in case there is an issue with the one message that you received. If you are still unable to view the messages on your incoming text then the next step is a factory reset. I have provided a link below on how to complete a factory reset on the Droid Incredible 2.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=42020

As always, I recommend that you verify that your contacts and calendar entries are backed up on your Gmail account. You also have backup assistant to use for archiving your contacts. Once this reset has been complete then the device would need to be reactivated. This is a fairly simple process as there is a tutorial that walks you through the process. After the device is reactivated and setup, please test all voice and data services then test your incoming text messages. If you continue to have this issue then please reply to this message with your findings so I can further assist.

Thank you...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can't open/view Text messages
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Jamie1115,

I can certainly understand how important is it to be able to read your text messages! In this day and age texting has grown to outpace phone calls on cellular devices. Have you checked how much available device memory you have on the Incredible 2? If not then I would recommend making more memory available by performing the steps below:

• Delete any long threaded messages from the text message inbox.
  • Clearing data and clearing cache on commonly used apps.
  • Move pictures and videos to the memory card.
  • Uninstall any unused apps downloaded from the Market.
  • Remove any anti-virus apps or task managers.
  • Delete any widgets that's not being used from the main screens to free up RAM.
  • Remove any live wallpaper from the background.
  • Manually stop unnecessary or unused services in settings.
  • Delete any 3rd party messaging apps from the device.

Once you have done the step above then retry your text to see if you are able to read the message. Also, test to see if you are able to read new text messages, just in case there is an issue with the one message that you received. If you are still unable to view the messages on your incoming text then the next step is a factory reset. I have provided a link below on how to complete a factory reset on the Droid Incredible 2.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=42020

As always, I recommend that you verify that your contacts and calendar entries are backed up on your Gmail account. You also have backup assistant to use for archiving your contacts. Once this reset has been complete then the device would need to be reactivated. This is a fairly simple process as there is a tutorial that walks you through the process. After the device is reactivated and setup, please test all voice and data services then test your incoming text messages. If you continue to have this issue then please reply to this message with your findings so I can further assist.

Thank you...

0 Likes