Can't "Retrieve" Pic Text
rich215
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am trying to send a MMS (ringtones) to my phone via email to the phone from my PC.  I did this with no problems a few weeks ago.  Now for 2 days in a row, I get the text on the phone.....then hit the "Allow" choice and then I get this message. 

"Someone sent you a message but it can't be retrieved right now"

I do not have a block on:   Block Premium Messaging    or   Block Picture and Video Messaging

Every other block is set to on though. 

Do I have to unblock the "Block All Data Services"  too?  I do not recall if I had this blocked when I first sent the ringtones to the phone as a MMS text.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't "Retrieve" Pic Text
rich215
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok   I finally figured out why I could only get basic texts.....

I had blocked all data setting in the hidden menu of my Kin TwoM phone settings.   OOPS....notti me.  :smileysurprised:

This definitely worked well to keep any data fees off my bill, but I will now watch to make sure my blocks I set on my online plan settings, keep the data fees off with this hidden block feature off. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rich215
Enthusiast - Level 3

I took my Data block off.......and I still have the same problem.   I guess Verizon has a text network problem going on now?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
You can safely block premium messaging (and I would do that!) without affecting your picture messaging.

How large is the ringtone? Files larger than 500kb may not go through, and I would recommend less than 400 kb just to be safe.

If that isn't the issue, it may be a network problem - try *228 option 1, let the phone reset, and see if that improves things?
0 Likes
rich215
Enthusiast - Level 3

I sent the last one and it is only 4 ringtones  that are a total size of only 139KB.  

Now I have put a block on all except the Pic and Vid texting one.    I will try again after a #228 and see what happens. 

0 Likes
rich215
Enthusiast - Level 3

Still a no go after using my Gmail and Hotmail accounts and tower update.        Sighhhhhhhhh   well.....looks like a "Can you text me now"  problem..... :smileysad: 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Try sending them one at a time?
0 Likes
rich215
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok   I finally figured out why I could only get basic texts.....

I had blocked all data setting in the hidden menu of my Kin TwoM phone settings.   OOPS....notti me.  :smileysurprised:

This definitely worked well to keep any data fees off my bill, but I will now watch to make sure my blocks I set on my online plan settings, keep the data fees off with this hidden block feature off. 

0 Likes